EVERY™, based in South San Francisco, is a leading VC-backed food tech ingredient company using precision fermentation to create animal proteins without the animal for the global food and beverage industry. Originally founded as Clara Foods in 2014, EVERY™ rebranded in 2021 to better convey its vision to bring animal-free proteins to everyone, everywhere. EVERY™ is a team of passionate change makers who are reimagining the factory farm model with a kinder, more sustainable alternative. Leveraging precision fermentation to produce hyper-functional and one-to-one replacement proteins from microorganisms, EVERY™ is on a mission to decouple the world’s proteins from the animals that make them.
We are a passionate, determined, (and fun!) team with a vital objective, and we're on the lookout for like-minded people to join our mission. Sound like you?
Reporting to the Vice President of Strategy, the Product Manager will be responsible for overseeing the full lifecycle for a new product line, including new product definition, product prototyping, consumer testing, scale-up, and launch.
Objective and primary responsibilities:
Oversee new product definition, product prototyping, consumer testing, pricing, marketing, scale-up, and launch.
Strategy & Growth:
- Work with the leadership team to drive product vision and strategy
- Work closely with Commercial, Technology, Operations, and other internal teams to develop and implement product strategies
- Define and measure key product metrics to track and analyze product performance against business goals
- Own and execute product roadmap while owning product development
- Strategic planning and management of a new product portfolio from vision through delivery and iteration
- Identify areas for growth and create strategic product line roadmaps to help drive adoption of the product and differentiate features
- Implement product management frameworks and decision-making processes that appropriately balance value risk, usability risk, feasibility risk, and business viability risk
- Remove product development and launch roadblocks
Marketing & Business
- Utilizes experience and understanding of customer needs to drive the development and delivery of products to market
- Understands how to work with and drive business across multiple channels (direct, inside sales, distributors)
- Understands the customers’ mindsets and what drives customers throughout the buying process. Leverages understanding to bring insights to R&D and Operations teams
People & Leadership:
- Work cross-functionally with a distributed team across technology, commercial, operations, and strategy
- Define, analyze, and communicate product success metrics, including a budget, financials, and KPIs
- 5+ years of product management experience
- Program management experience
- Deep knowledge of food product development and launch
- Ability to think strategically
Nice to have:
- Previous experience developing and launching new-to-world products
- Experience working at an alternative protein company
- Experience working at a startup and/or early-stage growth food company is a strong plus.
- Understand how to help others in the company see the vision
- Comfortable dealing with a bit of uncertainty
- Create an environment where great ideas are heard, evaluated, and invested in
Pay Range: $124,870 - $135,000
At EVERY™ pay ranges are subject to change and assigned to a job based on the location specific market median of similar jobs according to 3rd party salary benchmark surveys. Individual pay within that range can vary for several reasons including skills/capabilities, experience, and available budget.
EVERY™ is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required. We are not able to sponsor individuals for employment visas for this job. In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire.
Proof of full COVID-19 vaccination is a condition of employment, subject to accommodation as required by law. CDC defines fully vaccinated as: 2 weeks after your second dose in a 2-dose series, such as the Pfzier or Moderna vaccines, or 2 weeks after a single-dose vaccine, such as Johnson & Johnson's Janssen vaccine.