EVERY™, based in South San Francisco, is a leading VC-backed food tech ingredient company using precision fermentation to create animal proteins without the animal for the global food and beverage industry. Originally founded as Clara Foods in 2014, EVERY™ rebranded in 2021 to better convey its vision to bring animal-free proteins to everyone, everywhere. EVERY™ is a team of passionate change makers who are reimagining the factory farm model with a kinder, more sustainable alternative. Leveraging precision fermentation to produce hyper-functional and one-to-one replacement proteins from microorganisms, EVERY™ is on a mission to decouple the world’s proteins from the animals that make them.
We are a passionate, determined, (and fun!) team with a vital objective, and we're on the lookout for like-minded people to join our mission. Sound like you?
A role with The EVERY Company puts you at the forefront of the future of food. The EVERY team comprises amazing people who bring deep expertise and solution-driven thinking to precision fermentation and food ingredient development.
Using your deep knowledge, skills and experience in spray drying plant engineering design, you will be responsible for applying EVERY’s knowledge to deliver the basic and detailed engineering design of our spray drying engineering data to our EPC partner, ensuring that their final detailed design will support the targeted output, quality and cost for Every.
The Spray Drying Engineering Manager works directly alongside the selected EPC Contractor’s Project team and EVERY’s Engineering and Manufacturing team to provide input into project execution including construction, commissioning and procurement (as required) for EVERY’s new own manufacturing facility. The Spray Drying Engineering Manager will lead, manage and report on all aspects of the design capabilities, issues and risks associated with the EPC firm’s design of the spray drying plant process as well as possible upstream and/or storage and packaging impacts.
- Provides direction, feedback and management for every phase of project to ensure on-schedule completion within or below budget and in accordance with contractual obligations
- Plans, directs, supervises, and controls the execution of all business, technical, fiscal, and administrative functions of the assigned program, project, or subtask
- Acts as Every’s representative regarding selected subcontractors and/or suppliers during the project’s execution
- Negotiates changes to the scope of work with both EVERY’s staff and the EPC contractor
- Establishes the spray drying plant design requirements, reviews and monitors the draft and final deliverables for adherence to these criteria, checking with EVERY’s Engineering and Manufacturing team where there are deviations from agreed criteria, equipment or scale
- Promotes technical excellence as well as improvements in Quality and productivity
- Helps mobilize EVERY’s resources, by liaising effectively with peers and support departments, as well as partners and vendors to complete effective, quality work
- Works closely with VP, Engineering and Manufacturing to develop various elements of the project and to ensure alignment with the technical teams
- Ensures that the project meets or exceeds goals established in these plans
- Monitors and reports progress to Every’s management including significant milestones, and any conditions which would affect project cost or schedule
- Works with the EPC Directors/Leads to devise and execute action plans to rectify potential cost overruns or delays, or to accommodate significant changes to the scope of work
- May participate in negotiations with regulatory agencies and in public meetings in support of the project
- Ability to visualize and oversee the design of new concepts and ideas related to the broader organization as well as functional area of expertise
- Broad knowledge of business operations and ability to implement and lead organizational change effectively
- The ability to effectively communicate and present complex program proposals and reports to executive level management is critical
- Experience in Spray Drying Plant (e.g., tower design, atomization, evaporation, agglomeration, moisture removal, etc.) design and development is required
- Strong technical food, beverage, or ingredient background
- Large scale manufacturing experience in foods/beverages/ingredients ideal
- Must be able to manage a program, project, or subtask of up to $50 million in total cost
- Prior experience must include significant project experience and successful project management
- Strong understanding of contracts & key requirements to deliver per contract
- Strong understanding of Supply Chain needs and requirements, as well as impacts of spray drying on product functionality
- Well versed in Front End Constructability requirements, and strong knowledge of construction requirements
- Understand & preferably have experience with global or distributed project delivery
- BA/BS degree (or higher) in bioprocess engineering, chemical engineering, fermentation or applicable discipline
- Proven leadership skills in multi-cultural and possibly multi-national environments
- Commitment to customer service, diversity and ability to work in a team-oriented environment
Nice-to-have (but not required)
- Construction Experience is a big plus
- Experience with Technology Providers, Equipment Suppliers, Licensors, etc. is preferred
- Understand principles of cash flow & cost management
- Has managed multiple, complex projects or programs
- Appreciate and can enable Margin Improvements, understands Lean Execution and Value Engineering
- Participative management style with a cooperative team approach
- Professional certification (PE or other) preferred
- 7+ Years of food, beverage or food ingredient manufacturing EPC project experience, preferably including fermentation, separation/concentration and spray drying
What EVERY™ can Offer for Full-Time Positions:
- Generous benefits package; 100% medical, dental, and vision employee coverage, 401k matching, and stock
- Optional benefits; FSA, HSA, Commuter, Pet Care, and additional life insurance
- Flexible PTO and 14 paid company holidays per year
- Parental Leave: 10 weeks of parental leave and 6 weeks of childbirth leave
- Free parking, unlimited gym access, lounge, mini-golf patio, yoga and fitness classes onsite
- Unlimited supply of sparkling water, granola bars, snacks, local coffee and tea
- Weekly virtual happy hours & lunches
- Monthly all-hands meetings and 1:1 with CEO and leadership
- Close to South San Francisco BART and CalTrain stations, including free shuttle service
EVERY™ is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required. We are not able to sponsor individuals for employment visas for this job. In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire.
Proof of full COVID-19 vaccination is a condition of employment, subject to accommodation as required by law. CDC defines fully vaccinated as: 2 weeks after your second dose in a 2-dose series, such as the Pfzier or Moderna vaccines; or 2 weeks after a single-dose vaccine, such as Johnson & Johnsons Janssen vaccine.