EVERY™, based in South San Francisco, is a leading VC-backed food tech ingredient company using precision fermentation to create animal proteins without the animal for the global food and beverage industry. Originally founded as Clara Foods in 2014, EVERY™ rebranded in 2021 to better convey its vision to bring animal-free proteins to everyone, everywhere. EVERY™ is a team of passionate change makers who are reimagining the factory farm model with a kinder, more sustainable alternative. Leveraging precision fermentation to produce hyper-functional and one-to-one replacement proteins from microorganisms, EVERY™ is on a mission to decouple the world’s proteins from the animals that make them.
We are a passionate, determined, (and fun!) team with a vital objective, and we're on the lookout for like-minded people to join our mission. Sound like you?
BioProcess Engineering Intern:
Interns will be mentored by pioneering Scientists and dynamic Process Engineers. The internship provides exciting research opportunities in Upstream process innovation and development, downstream processing and research, tech transfer to higher scales, scale down approaches for troubleshooting issues at an industrial scale, and many more. We are looking for highly motivated and self-driven individuals to join our mission of making animal-free Egg Protein.
Reports to: Fermentation Manager
Location: South San Francisco
Skills and Requirements:
- Recent graduate or Senior/Junior with a degree in Chemical engineering, BioProcess Engineering, or related field
- Knowledge of with design of the experiment, statistical analysis, and error analysis preferred
- Knowledge and experience in experimental modeling and simulations preferred
- Self-starter with strong organizational, and communication skills
- Must be comfortable working within a small, collaborative team, passionate about changing the food space.
- Must be authorized to work in the United States for The EVERY Company
List of projects intern could work on:
- Work at bench scale for the purification of proteins produced through precision fermentation
- Support the upstream processing team in ongoing projects and processes
- Develop models and run simulations for scaleup of the concepts for pilot and commercial scale
- Support scale-up scale-down experiments and work to creatively find solutions for at scale problems
- Develop data packages for the transfer of technology to commercial production partners
- Develop product - a function relationship
This position is based in our South San Francisco, CA location - there is no relocation assistance offered at this time.
What EVERY™ can Offer for Full-Time Positions:
- Generous benefits package; 100% medical, dental, and vision employee coverage, 401k matching, and stock
- Optional benefits; FSA, HSA, Commuter, Pet Care, and additional life insurance
- Flexible PTO and 14 paid company holidays per year
- Free parking, unlimited gym access, lounge, mini-golf patio, yoga and fitness classes onsite
- Unlimited supply of sparkling water, granola bars, snacks, local coffee and tea
- Weekly virtual happy hours & lunches
- Monthly all-hands meetings and 1:1 with CEO and leadership
- Close to South San Francisco BART and CalTrain stations, including free shuttle service
EVERY™ is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required. We are not able to sponsor individuals for employment visas for this job. In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire.