EVERY™, based in South San Francisco, is a leading VC-backed food tech ingredient company using precision fermentation to create animal proteins without the animal for the global food and beverage industry. Originally founded as Clara Foods in 2014, EVERY™ rebranded in 2021 to better convey its vision to bring animal-free proteins to everyone, everywhere. EVERY™ is a team of passionate change makers who are reimagining the factory farm model with a kinder, more sustainable alternative. Leveraging precision fermentation to produce hyper-functional and one-to-one replacement proteins from microorganisms, EVERY™ is on a mission to decouple the world’s proteins from the animals that make them.
We are a passionate, determined, (and fun!) team with a vital objective, and we're on the lookout for like-minded people to join our mission. Sound like you?
Food Scientist Intern
If you have a passion for sustainability and working with different food applications, this is a great opportunity for you! The Food Science Intern will be supporting the Applications team in application development and evaluation, shelf-life studies, documentation, ingredient validation, inventory management, and lab maintenance. In addition, this person will be in charge of sample preparation for visitors tasting and evaluating new product lots in an application through food preparation and TPA/sensory evaluation. This person should have meticulous attention to detail, be able to handle multiple tasks, and have hands-on experience in food formulation, preparation, and evaluation. The duration of the internship will be 6 months.
Reports to: Senior Food Scientist
Location: South San Francisco
- Contribute to application development/innovation and evaluation of methodology development
- Participate in cross-functional work comprising technical expertise within the R&D function
- Assist with documentation, ingredient sourcing and validation, inventory management, and lab maintenance
- In charge of sample preparation for visitors tasting
- Support R&D and manufacturing teams by evaluating new product lots in applications
- Execute experimental design and SOP (standard operating procedures, including food preparation, sensory evaluation, texture analysis, etc.) and collect data. Help improve existing SOP and develop new SOP.
Skills and Requirements:
- Must have hands-on experience in food formulation, preparation, and evaluation
- Recent graduate or expected to graduate with BS or MS in Food Science, Chemistry, Biochemistry, Nutrition, Agriculture, or related degree
- Basic knowledge in food science, ingredient functionalities, food processing, and analytical techniques
- Candidates must be in good academic standing with a 3.0 GPA or higher
- Ability to adapt and thrive in a fast-paced, research-oriented environment
- Operate under moderate supervision and have meticulous attention to detail
- Intermediate computer skills including Microsoft Word, Excel, Powerpoint, and Google Drive
- Proven ability to handle multiple assignments/tasks
- Strong communication skills (oral and written)
- Experience with literature research and design of experiments is desirable
This position is based in our South San Francisco, CA location - there is no relocation assistance offered at this time.
What EVERY™ can Offer for Full-Time Positions:
- Generous benefits package; 100% medical, dental, and vision employee coverage, 401k matching, and stock
- Optional benefits; FSA, HSA, Commuter, Pet Care, and additional life insurance
- Flexible PTO and 14 paid company holidays per year
- Free parking, unlimited gym access, lounge, mini-golf patio, yoga and fitness classes onsite
- Unlimited supply of sparkling water, granola bars, snacks, local coffee and tea
- Weekly virtual happy hours & lunches
- Monthly all-hands meetings and 1:1 with CEO and leadership
- Close to South San Francisco BART and CalTrain stations, including free shuttle service
EVERY™ is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required. We are not able to sponsor individuals for employment visas for this job. In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire.