EVERY™, based in South San Francisco, is a leading VC-backed food tech ingredient company using precision fermentation to create animal proteins without the animal for the global food and beverage industry. Originally founded as Clara Foods in 2014, EVERY™ rebranded in 2021 to better convey its vision to bring animal-free proteins to everyone, everywhere. EVERY™ is a team of passionate change makers who are reimagining the factory farm model with a kinder, more sustainable alternative. Leveraging precision fermentation to produce hyper-functional and one-to-one replacement proteins from microorganisms, EVERY™ is on a mission to decouple the world’s proteins from the animals that make them.
We are a passionate, determined, (and fun!) team with a vital objective, and we're on the lookout for like-minded people to join our mission. Sound like you?
THE ROLE: The organization is working with industry collaborators to design new-to-world products with higher levels of protein and unique characteristics as well as winning over the world’s largest and most innovative food companies to adopt its portfolio of world-changing proteins. EVERY is looking for a Chief Commercial Officer to join the management team and play an integral role in the organization’s continued success and growth. Key responsibilities of this position include:
- Refining and implementing EVERY’s commercial strategy for animal-free, animal protein products.
- Broadening EVERY’s commercial, marketing and organizational capabilities to drive new product adoption in the industry, building the brand, elevating price points, and generating consumer pull for its B2B business.
- Driving bookings & revenue growth through sales, partnerships and new collaborations to identify new business opportunities for EVERY’s product innovation pipeline.
From day one, you will demonstrate an ability to thrive in a high-change environment and lean into the opportunity to own EVERY’s commercial strategy and activities. Your intellect, experience, and passion for the problems we are solving will be self-evident in your ability to bring our proteins to life, structure the most compelling customer agreements and partnerships for EVERY’s short-term and long-term ambitions, and drive towards desired outcomes. Leading cross-functional collaborations, both internally and externally, is second nature to you and you are energized by the opportunity to help solve complex commercial challenges and incubate new commercially-oriented growth opportunities. You have a bias for action, do what you say, act like an owner, and are committed to delivering results that accelerate EVERY’s mission.
- (1) Business Development, (2) Sales, (3) Marketing, (4) Brand, (5) PR/Communications, (6) New Product Development
QUALIFICATIONS | MUST HAVES:
- Deal-making: Successful track record in sourcing, structuring, and closing multi-million dollar deals with high level of complexity in terms of IP, geographic dispersion, and commercial/supply agreements.
- Winning the Consumer: Broad experience commercializing novel products in consumer-conscious industries; building desirable products and brands
- Driving commercialization in creative ways with experience across multiple go-to-market strategies to multiple formats: B2B, B2C, and premium vs. mass-market
- Industry experience in biotech, alternative protein, food, beverage, nutrition, agriculture, cosmetics, materials, or related fields
- Creative problem solver (creative brand activations and novel partnerships)
- Strong bias-for-action, hungry, closer, and eager to accelerate EVERY’s mission towards transforming our global food system
- High intellectual horsepower and strategic chops
What EVERY™ can Offer for Full-Time Positions:
- Generous benefits package; 100% medical, dental, and vision employee coverage, 401k matching, and stock
- Optional benefits; FSA, HSA, Commuter, Pet Care, and additional life insurance
- Flexible PTO and 14 paid company holidays per year
- Free parking, unlimited gym access, lounge, mini-golf patio, yoga and fitness classes onsite
- Unlimited supply of sparkling water, granola bars, snacks, local coffee and tea
- Weekly virtual happy hours & lunches
- Monthly all-hands meetings and 1:1 with CEO and leadership
- Close to South San Francisco BART and CalTrain stations, including free shuttle service
EVERY™ is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required. We are not able to sponsor individuals for employment visas for this job. In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire.