The EVERY Company, based in South San Francisco, is a leading VC-backed food tech ingredient company using precision fermentation to create animal proteins without the animal for the global food and beverage industry. Originally founded as Clara Foods in 2014, EVERY™ rebranded in 2021 to better convey its vision to bring animal-free proteins to everyone, everywhere. EVERY™ is a team of passionate change makers who are reimagining the factory farm model with a kinder, more sustainable alternative. Leveraging precision fermentation to produce hyper-functional and one-to-one replacement proteins from microorganisms, EVERY™ is on a mission to decouple the world’s proteins from the animals that make them.
We are a passionate, determined, (and fun!) team with a vital objective, and we're on the lookout for like-minded people to join our mission. Sound like you?
The EVERY Company is looking for a talented and innovative BioProcess Associate to join our BioProcess Development. As a BioProcess Associate, you will have the opportunity to participate in activities directly related to different aspects of the bioprocess development and industrialization and have exposure to different technology platforms. You will have the unique opportunity to work on commercializing transformative ingredients and change the existing food system. As a member of a larger team dedicated to developing a bioprocess for production of animal proteins through precision fermentation, you will be working to improve the overall end to end productivity of our lab scale process by doing the following roles and responsibilities.
- Collaborate with the scale up team in setting up and executing internal pilot scale downstream purification on a week-to-week basis
- Contribute and collaborate in creating BMR, SOP & any relevant documents related to DSP experiments executed
- Prepare media and reagents required for execution of downstream purifications
- Be a key stakeholder in executing complementary scale down experiments to support the manufacturing team
- Learn, support, and execute downstream processing using various methods not limited to centrifugation, filtration (UF/DF), chromatography, flocculation, precipitation, etc.
- Structure back-end data processing and convert existing SQL data into visual results and derive conclusions
- Perform assays and support the bioprocess analytical team for quick turnaround of samples generated by the team (when needed)
- Flexibility in the work schedule; in general FTE work an average of 40 hours per week with a shifting schedule as needed.
- Bachelor's degree in chemical engineering, biotechnology, microbiology, bioengineering, or any related field with 1 or 2 years of experience
- Must have prior experience in the lab and have good aseptic technique to work in the biosafety cabinet
- Ability to work in the lab full time and lift 50lbs of weight when necessary
Nice-to-have (but not required)
- A keen eye for detail, organized and a proven ability in documenting process observations
- A willingness to learn and enthusiastic approach to the problems encountered in the BioProcess industry
- Basic knowledge of SQL, R, Tableau to support data processing and analysis
- Must be a good communicator and be comfortable with handling simultaneous asks
What EVERY can offer:
- Generous benefits package; 100% medical, dental, and vision employee coverage, 401k matching, and stock options
- Weekly catered lunches
- Optional benefits; FSA, HSA, Commuter, Pet Care, and additional life insurance
- Flexible PTO and 10 paid company holidays per year
- Free parking, unlimited gym access, lounge, mini-golf patio, yoga, and fitness classes onsite
- Unlimited supply of sparkling water, granola bars, snacks, local coffee, and tea
- Themed happy hours and quarterly company outings
- Monthly all-hands meetings and opportunity to directly speak with CEO and leadership
- Close to South San Francisco BART and Caltrain stations, including free shuttle service
Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required. We are not able to sponsor individuals for employment visas for this job. In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire. This position is based in our South San Francisco, CA location - there is no relocation assistance offered at this time.
The EVERY Company™ is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.