EVERY™, based in South San Francisco, is a leading VC-backed food tech ingredient company using precision fermentation to create animal proteins without the animal for the global food and beverage industry. Originally founded as Clara Foods in 2014, EVERY™ rebranded in 2021 to better convey its vision to bring animal-free proteins to everyone, everywhere. EVERY™ is a team of passionate change makers who are reimagining the factory farm model with a kinder, more sustainable alternative. Leveraging precision fermentation to produce hyper-functional and one-to-one replacement proteins from microorganisms, EVERY™ is on a mission to decouple the world’s proteins from the animals that make them.
We are a passionate, determined, (and fun!) team with a vital objective, and we're on the lookout for like-minded people to join our mission. Sound like you?
You’ll be leading People Operations at EVERY as a player and a coach. The role is responsible for developing the people strategy and managing and executing people programs. The Head of People Ops at EVERY™ is a cultural co-founder of our inclusive, positive and high productivity organization working to achieve our mission to shut down the last factory farm on Earth. Your focus for the next year will include aligning our organizational structure with the goals of the business, supporting our management training and development, building and operationalizing scalable and equitable people systems as the company continues to rapidly grow.
This role will surface people-related insights to EVERY’s senior leadership and coach them to deliver results in team member engagement, productivity, and experience. The position reports directly to the COO.
- Evolve and elevate the operational aspects of the people function at EVERY
- Work with managers across the company to ensure they are supported and supporting their teams
- Inform strategic decisions and policy adoption across EVERY teams
- Integrate our values into our hiring and performance reviews
- Optimize the people processes to meet the needs of both scientists and business professionals and remote and on-site employees
- Define, measure, analyze, and communicate out the People team’s success metrics
- Drive the strategic long-range planning process in collaboration with Finance to set long-term targets
- Define the people operational planning process and work with business and functional leaders to plan and execute our strategic roadmap
- Improve the company’s performance management and development processes
- You have a player/coach mentality and are able to lead and concurrently execute and dig into the details at a rapidly growing start-up
- You are great at cross-functional collaboration and have a track record that demonstrates it
- You can manage competing priorities and focus on what’s most urgent and important first
- You are comfortable working in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment
- You can work from our Daly City office
Qualifications and Education (not required to have all)
- Deep passion for and commitment to our mission
- 5+ experience at a high-growth startup
- 10 years of progressive people ops/HR experience and 5 years in leadership working with senior leaders advising people ops strategies that support business objectives
- Experience in Biotech or Life Sciences would be a huge advantage
- Proficiency in Human Resource practices and California employment law, federal laws and regulations
- Strong presentation and communication skills, both in creation and facilitation
- Great interpersonal and soft power skills
- Ability to adapt and support others through change, ambiguity and complexity
- Competency in HRIS software and ability to evaluate and choose the best systems for EVERY
- Nice if you had SPHR, PHR, PHRca, SHRM-CP, or SHRM-SCP or other applicable specialized certification
What EVERY™ offers for Full-Time Positions:
- Generous benefits package; 100% medical, dental, and vision employee coverage, 401k matching, and stock
- Optional benefits; FSA, HSA, Pet Care, and additional life insurance
- Flexible PTO and 14 paid company holidays per year
- Parental Leave: 10 weeks of parental leave and 6 weeks of childbirth leave
- Free parking, unlimited gym access, lounge, mini-golf patio, yoga and fitness classes onsite
- Unlimited supply of sparkling water, granola bars, snacks, local coffee and tea
- Weekly virtual happy hours & lunches
- Monthly all-hands meetings and 1:1 with CEO and leadership
- Close to South San Francisco BART and CalTrain stations, including free shuttle service
Pay Range: $181,000 - $185,000
At EVERY™ pay ranges are subject to change and assigned to a job based on the location specific market median of similar jobs according to 3rd party salary benchmark surveys. Individual pay within that range can vary for several reasons including skills/capabilities, experience, and available budget.
EVERY™ is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required. We are not able to sponsor individuals for employment visas for this job. In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire.
Proof of full COVID-19 vaccination is a condition of employment, subject to accommodation as required by law. CDC defines fully vaccinated as: 2 weeks after your second dose in a 2-dose series, such as the Pfzier or Moderna vaccines, or 2 weeks after a single-dose vaccine, such as Johnson & Johnson's Janssen vaccine.