We believe there is a place for open, safe and honest discourse in the world. We want to be the home and driving force for this discussion and change. The Doe was founded to evolve discussion on the web by creating cultural change through an open-minded community of storytellers, visionaries and those with unique perspectives that need to be heard.
The Copywriter is an innovative creative mind for brands that are in touch with the digital world. The role calls for being one part content strategist, as well as one part creative writer—who works with the creative team to expand our voice across social media and brand copywriting. You are highly observant and an adaptable idea person who understands great concepts can come from anyone and anywhere. You will be responsible for working with the Marketing team to apply the brand voice throughout The Doe marketing communications, with an emphasis on social media content. You will help manage our content calendars and creatively evolve our social presence to stay relevant on applicable platforms.
You’ll be working primarily within the digital realm, so any portfolio of content you submit should reflect this. We love seeing overall brand solutions and smaller tactics in your book.
- Location: Remote
- Status: Full-Time
- Hours: Can commit to hours around the 8 a.m. - 6 p.m. MST time frame, Monday through Thursday
- Eligible to work in the United States
- 3+ years in the marketing and advertising world contributing to social media planning, digital advertising and copywriting.
- Clear grasp of fundamental grammar and copy styling skills.
- Strong creative book demonstrating well thought out conceptual work and multi-channel campaigns.
- Proven experience concepting and working closely with a design partner.
- Demonstrated ability to follow creative direction from copy leads to complete assets across marketing channels.
- Ability to solve problems with a balance of strategic thinking and detailed execution, self-manage, juggle multiple projects and execute based on priority.
- Value an environment of psychological safety and diversity of thought.
- Strong communication skills; ability to express yourself and your ideas in clear and concise ways.
- Comfortable providing and soliciting feedback from copywriters and cross-disciplinary team members.
- Not only own your work, but also your mistakes.
- Ability to take creative work from brainstorming to execution.
- Experience working in a creative / technology-driven startup or agency is a plus.
- Contribute to a variety of creative work from social media copy to email writing, blog creation, digital campaigns, headlines, branding and everything in between.
- Develop and manage the ongoing social content calendar and work with a design partner to create new monthly social content across platforms and identify new social media opportunities.
- Create timely, relevant social media content on a daily basis.
- Concept and create work that drives brand awareness, memberships, site traffic and user engagement.
- Work directly with designers on the Marketing, Editorial and Product teams to concept and execute exceptional creative work.
- Collaborate with other copywriters to develop, refine and apply brand voice.
- Partner with a designer to grow our social presence, concept creative campaigns and lead new creative opportunities for the brand.
- Edit and proofread daily social postings to maintain clarity and voice across all social platforms.
- Own and manage your daily tasks, reporting to the Chief Marketing Officer and the Sr. Copywriter.
This is not your typical magazine or editorial company. We're looking for someone who wants to help reinvent publishing from the ground up; someone who recognizes the urgent need for verified but anonymous contributions to our cultural conversation and who is not afraid to think boldly.