We believe there is a place for open, safe and honest discourse in the world. We want to be the home and driving force for this discussion and change. The Doe was founded to evolve discussion on the web by creating cultural change through an open-minded community of storytellers, visionaries and those with unique perspectives that need to be heard.
We’re looking for an experienced and mission-driven social media community manager who is excited about helping us build community amongst our fans and followers. Reporting to the Social Media Manager and CMO, this new role will be responsible for building influence, trust and engagement with our ever-growing community of followers and members. Our ideal candidate is self-motivated and passionate about online internet trends, storytelling, and digital content creation that supports our mission of improving civil discourse.
- Location: Remote
- Status: Full Time
- Hours: Can generally commit to hours within the 8 a.m. - 6 p.m. MST time frame, 4 weekdays (some flexibility with which days). Weekend availability is required for this role.
- Eligible to work in the United States
- A demonstrated passion for social media, internet culture, and conversation.
- Strong writing skills. Can craft messaging for different audiences with ease.
- At least 2 years experience managing social media account(s) for a consumer-facing brand; professional experience at a media or tech company is a plus.
- A collaborative spirit and desire to listen, educate and support people in their evolution.
- Excellent communication, writing, and people skills. Must demonstrate mastery of the English language.
- Experience designing & launching social strategies and/or community programs.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Attention to detail and ability to prioritize.
- Responsive and decisive.
- Weekend availability. We’re a media company with an active follower base.
- Proof and post all manual content, engage with the community in comments and DM’s.
- Manage moderations, chat with fans, encourage healthy conversation, and support discussions.
- Work with social media manager and CMO to develop reporting KPIs and own Community Brand social media reporting.
- Work with team members to integrate social opportunities, community-building features, and community feedback into our roadmap.
- Support and run community programs, initiatives, and campaigns that help build relationships with followers and fans.
- Maintain the company voice on social media.
- Contribute ideas for strategy and guidelines to support social media experiences that drive reach, engagement, influence and inbound traffic.
This is not your typical magazine or editorial company. We're looking for someone who wants to help reinvent publishing from the ground up; someone who recognizes the urgent need for verified but anonymous contributions to our cultural conversation and who is not afraid to think boldly.