The Dodo is looking for a full-time Copy Editor to join its growing team. This person will work across departments to proofread content and ensure all copy is error-free, whether on edit, video or social. We’re looking for a punctual, self-motivated team member who can hit the ground running, and work independently and quickly in a fast-paced environment. Our ideal candidate will have an excellent grasp of grammar and AP style, as well as a willingness to adapt to — and continue to refine — brand standards. Please note: This is not a writing position.
- Copyedit and proofread all articles quickly and efficiently
- Copyedit and proofread other content as needed, including video copy and social posts (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat etc.)
- Fact-check when appropriate, and make sure every piece is error-free
- Update and maintain in-house style guide, in accordance with AP style and brand standards
- 1-2+ years experience copyediting and proofreading for a publication or brand
- An outstanding grasp of grammar and punctuation, and a keen eye for errors
- Familiarity with AP style
- An ability to self-motivate and work efficiently and accurately in a fast-paced environment
- A familiarity with The Dodo's mission and brand is a plus
About the Dodo:
The Dodo is an NYC-based digital media start-up committed to creating entertaining, meaningful animal-related stories – we cover everything from viral videos and animal behavior to rescue stories and advocacy efforts. Our goal at The Dodo is to deliver the most emotionally and visually compelling, sharable animal stories and videos to the biggest number of readers possible to help make caring about animals a viral cause. We are looking for passionate, flexible people who are interested in growing a start-up that we hope will make the world a better place for animals.