We are currently seeking a detail-obsessed Publishing Coordinator to be a part of the most engaged-with media brand for animals. This is a great opportunity for someone who has an interest in content operations to actively contribute to and learn more about the digital publishing process and the social media landscape. This role is for you if you have a knack for organizing any team you’re on, and are always looking to understand how things get done.
This position will operate between product, editorial, social media, and business teams to help maintain publishing workflows across multiple platforms and systems, and support various other company projects. The right candidate will have a natural aptitude for learning new platforms and tools to help teams work more efficiently. They’ll need to be able to work independently across departments while remaining communicative and proactive, and have an eagerness to learn new things and wear many different hats. The ideal candidate is an ultra-organized self-starter, excels in a deadline-driven environment, and is highly motivated to problem solve and be a key support beam for our internal operations. This role reports into the Director of Publishing, but will work actively with various teams on a daily basis.
Responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Spearhead pre- and post-production database support for video and social teams with an eye on efficiency and quality
- Help standardize workflows within The Dodo and its parent company, Group Nine, and implement upgraded processes as publishing strategies evolve
- Build out and maintain process manuals and other internal documents, and wrangle assets across teams
- Oversee upkeep of The Dodo’s content management system and troubleshoot with tech/product teams in real time
- Support the curation and delivery of content to a variety of distribution partners as needed
- Work with analytics team to build out content tagging best practices, and other categorization of content as needed
- Provide ad-hoc support for other initiatives and perform other duties as assigned
- 1-3 years experience in an operations-focused role, preferably in digital media
- A passion for The Dodo brand specifically and digital media as a whole
- Impeccable written and verbal communication skills, and versed in email and Slack etiquette
- Self-starter who can work autonomously and as part of a team, with a point of view on ways to move any project forward
- An obsession with organization and an extreme attention to detail. Naturally enjoys project management and using new tools and software to help scale teams
- A team player, flexible, patient, go-with-the-flow, resilient, “fill the void” attitude
- Must work well under deadlines, and have the ability to over-communicate, both efficiently and in a timely manner
- Proactive, can change direction with ease and a positive attitude, and remain ahead of the curve — ability to see problems before they arise, and offer multiple solutions
Desired / Preferred but not required:
- Familiarity with the backend of a CMS, such as Wordpress or Squarespace
- Experience using relational databases (i.e. Airtable), or similar media/project management platforms
- Understanding of Agile project management methodologies and/or a willingness to dive in and learn
- Proficient in Google Docs, Microsoft Office, Adobe Suite, particularly Photoshop and Acrobat
- Experience with basic SEO frameworks is a plus
- Basic HTML skills a plus
- Baseline knowledge of video production process and social media, and/or strong interest in learning more
Who is The Dodo?
The Dodo is the world’s #1 animal brand and the most engaged-with media brand globally across all content genres. We’re obsessed with creating fun, entertaining, emotional content that makes people fall in love with animals. We’re looking for committed, proactive and positive people who want to help build our brand and grow with our company. We offer competitive pay, medical insurance, and perks like working from home on Fridays. Office culture and work-life balance are very important to us, and bringing your dog to work is encouraged! Our team is made up of enthusiastic, ambitious people who like to help animals and have fun in the process.
We have amazing people. We can promise you’ll work alongside some of the smartest and most interesting people in the industry. Our people work hard but we always have fun doing it. From pride to wellness to diversity, employees lead clubs that matter. We also know how to host a top-notch happy hour. Bottom line: we care about each other and we take our values seriously.
We value development. We are a high-performance organization that challenges itself to continuously grow. We invest in employee development. You’ll need to be great to get hired here and we promise you’ll get even better once you’re here.
We care about you. We offer company-paid parental leave for everyone #inclusion. We also offer health, dental and vision insurance, along with a selection of voluntary benefits. Knowing that time out of the office is as important as time spent in the office, our vacation, sick, and federal holiday allowances ensure you have time to take care of yourself.
We invest in your future. We offer competitive compensation and a matching 401(k) plan. Depending on the role, options may also be granted.
We value diversity and inclusivity. Group Nine Media is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to building an inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds and everyone is encouraged to apply. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, national origin, protected veteran status, age, or any other status protected by applicable national, federal, state or local law. Group Nine Media is also a participant in e-verify.
We serve snacks, cold brew, coffee, and tea. Who needs anything else?