The Dodo is seeking a Senior Motion Graphics Editor with excellent creative and technical skills to join our team, which creates some of the most loved and recognized content across Facebook, YouTube, Instagram and Snapchat. As a Senior Motion Graphics Editor, you’ll create animated elements and other graphic assets that help turn our series and other projects into recognizable, proprietary and obsessed-over IP.
A typical week includes
You’ll design and create playful, colorful, inviting animated elements and assets, carrying them from concept to completion.
- Create branded packages for new series that feel true to The Dodo’s identity, but with modern, fresh twists that help each series come to life in a unique, delightful, surprising way
- Turn creative ideas, data and facts alike into fun, accessible visualizations
- Create essential graphics and After Effects templates for the team
Success will look like
- Being able to clearly articulate our brand voice and best practices
- Creating branding and visual assets that turn series into recognizable franchises
- Taking a proactive approach with our team to make sure we’re using information from our analytics team to inform design and improve performance of videos
The next great Senior Motion Graphics Editor will have
- Adobe Premiere, After Effects and Illustrator fluency
- Experience creating emotionally compelling narrative video content
- Experience creating dynamic, engaging motion graphics and animation
- Ability to multitask, prioritize projects, and communicate progress
- Ability to rapidly transition between independent and collaborative work
- Strong editorial instincts and a love of visual storytelling
- A love of the Dodo brand and voice, and excitement about helping to bring the business to the next level
Who is The Dodo?
The Dodo is the world’s #1 animal brand and the most engaged-with media brand globally across all content genres. We’re obsessed with creating fun, entertaining, emotional content that makes people fall in love with animals. We’re looking for committed, proactive and positive people who want to help build our brand and grow with our company. We offer competitive pay, medical insurance, and perks like working from home on Fridays. Office culture and work-life balance are very important to us, and bringing your dog to work is encouraged! Our team is made up of enthusiastic, ambitious people who like to help animals and have fun in the process.
We have amazing people. We can promise you’ll work alongside some of the smartest and most interesting people in the industry. Our people work hard but we always have fun doing it. From pride to wellness to diversity, employees lead clubs that matter. We also know how to host a top-notch happy hour. Bottom line: we care about each other and we take our values seriously.
We value development. We are a high-performance organization that challenges itself to continuously grow. We invest in employee development. You’ll need to be great to get hired here and we promise you’ll get even better once you’re here.
We care about you. We offer company-paid parental leave for everyone #inclusion. We also offer health, dental and vision insurance, along with a selection of voluntary benefits. Knowing that time out of the office is as important as time spent in the office, our vacation, sick, and federal holiday allowances ensure you have time to take care of yourself.
We invest in your future. We offer competitive compensation and a matching 401(k) plan. Depending on the role, options may also be granted.
We value diversity and inclusivity. Group Nine Media is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to building an inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds and everyone is encouraged to apply. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, national origin, protected veteran status, age, or any other status protected by applicable national, federal, state or local law. Group Nine Media is also a participant in e-verify.
We serve snacks, cold brew, coffee, and tea. Who needs anything else?
About Group Nine Media:
Group Nine’s mission is to tell great stories that spark action and make a real difference. As the #1 video publisher on mobile in the U.S. [Nielsen DCR, July 2019], Group Nine’s brands are built for the platforms where young people spend the majority of their time. We reach over 70% of Americans in their 20s every month [Nielsen, July 2019]. Audiences spend nearly 50 million hours a month engaging with our category-defining brands - NowThis, the no. 1 most-watched mobile news brand in the world; The Dodo, the no. 1 animal brand on digital; POPSUGAR, the leading digital lifestyle brand for women; Thrillist, the most-trusted digital brand in food, drink, travel & entertainment; and Seeker, the no. 1 science brand in the U.S. Group Nine has been recognized with hundreds of prestigious awards including Edward R. Murrow, James Beard, Cannes Lion, Critic’s Choice, among others.