Senior Motion Graphics Editor at THE DODO: The Dodo is seeking a Senior Motion Graphics Editor with excellent creative and technical skills to join our team, which creates some of the most loved and recognized content across Facebook, YouTube, Instagram and Snapchat. As a Senior Motion Graphics Editor, you’ll create animated elements and other graphic assets that help turn our series and other projects into recognizable, proprietary and obsessed-over IP.
A typical week includes
You’ll design and create playful, colorful, inviting animated elements and assets, carrying them from concept to completion.
- Create branded packages for new series that feel true to The Dodo’s identity, but with modern, fresh twists that help each series come to life in a unique, delightful, surprising way
- Turn creative ideas, data and facts alike into fun, accessible visualizations
- Create essential graphics and After Effects templates for the team
Success will look like
- Being able to clearly articulate our brand voice and best practices
- Creating branding and visual assets that turn series into recognizable franchises
- Taking a proactive approach with our team to make sure we’re using information from our analytics team to inform design and improve performance of videos
The next great Senior Motion Graphics Editor will have
- Adobe Premiere, After Effects and Illustrator fluency
- Experience creating emotionally compelling narrative video content
- Experience creating dynamic, engaging motion graphics and animation
- Ability to multitask, prioritize projects, and communicate progress
- Ability to rapidly transition between independent and collaborative work
- Strong editorial instincts and a love of visual storytelling
- A love of the Dodo brand and voice, and excitement about helping to bring the business to the next level
We have amazing people. We can promise you’ll work alongside some of the smartest and most interesting people in the industry. Our people work hard but we always have fun doing it. From pride to wellness to diversity, employees lead clubs that matter. We also know how to host a top-notch family breakfast and happy hour. Bottom line: we care about each other and we take our values seriously. Oh, and we also welcome dogs. In fact, we love dogs so much that we have an indoor dog park
We value development. We are a high-performance organization that challenges itself to continuously grow. We invest in employee development. You’ll need to be great to get hired here and we promise you’ll get even better once you’re here.
We care about you. We offer company-paid parental leave for everyone #inclusion. We also offer health, dental and vision insurance, along with a selection of voluntary benefits. Knowing that time out of the office is as important as time spent in the office, our vacation, sick, and federal holiday allowances ensure you have time to take care of yourself.
We invest in your future. We offer competitive compensation and a matching 401(k) plan. Depending on the role, options may also be granted.
We value diversity and inclusivity. Group Nine Media is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to building an inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds and everyone is encouraged to apply. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, national origin, protected veteran status, age, or any other status protected by applicable national, federal, state or local law. Group Nine Media is also a participant in e-verify.
We serve snacks, cold brew, coffee, and tea. Who needs anything else?
Group Nine reaches more people on mobile than any publisher in the U.S. Our mission is to tell great stories that spark action and make a real difference. With nearly 45M Americans engaging with our content every day [source: Nielsen Digital Content Ratings, January 2019], Group Nine's brands are built for the platforms where young people spend the majority of their time. We reach over 70% of Americans ages 18-34 every month [source: Nielsen, December 2018]. Audiences spend nearly 3 billion minutes a month engaging with our category-defining brands - NowThis, the no. 1 most watched mobile news brand in the world; The Dodo, the no. 1 animal brand on digital; Thrillist, the most trusted digital brand in food, drink, travel & entertainment; and Seeker, the no. 1 science brand in the U.S. In 2017, Group Nine acquired Emmy nominated, Cannes Lion and Sundance Film Festival award-winning production studio, JASH.