As the #1 most engaged with global media publisher on digital media, The Dodo is committed to investing in all our social platforms, including Instagram -- one of our fastest growing and most exciting distribution channels. We're looking for an Instagram Specialist to join our team and help us continue to cultivate a passionate, engaged community. The Instagram Specialist will report to the Senior Director of Social and will thoughtfully curate our feed, stories and IGTV while sourcing and editing supplemental video content to enhance our core video programming. As the Instagram Specialist, you’ll have ownership of platform strategy and the daily operations of our channel (6.2 million followers), including crafting social copy that maintains our brand voice across the platform. This position provides a unique opportunity to plug into robust existing infrastructure -- across production, editorial insights and distribution -- while taking an entrepreneurial approach to running Instagram.
- Manage all day-to-day aspects of our Instagram channel. This includes thoughtfully curating our feed with videos that will resonate with our Instagram audience, creating content calendars, writing social copy, and publishing across feed, stories and IGTV
- Create Instagram specific videos using Adobe Premiere to supplement our core video programming. This includes identifying and sourcing compelling stories about animals by mining social media, building relationships, and communicating with uploaders
- Collaborate with our video team to ensure content is consistently being optimized according to platform best practices as they evolve across feed, Stories and IGTV
- Research, coordinate and manage outreach to influencers to coordinate story takeovers and other partnerships
- Engage and interact with our community across Instagram (ie. moderate comments, respond to DM’s, respond to comments)
- Monitor and share growth and engagement analytics and identify areas of optimization/improvement
- 2+ years of experience in Instagram channel management
- 1-2 years relevant experience editing video on Adobe Premiere
- A track record of delivering strong results, seeing initiatives through from start to end, and self-accountability
- Strong creative, analytical and communication skills, highly detail-oriented
- Flexible, self-motivated and happy to work in a collaborative environment across multiple teams and stakeholders
- A passion for The Dodo brand and all things digital and social -- especially Instagram!
- Able to work independently and also exchange feedback with a close-knit team
- Deep understanding of the Dodo brand and a drive to excel at the kind of storytelling that resonates emotionally with animal lovers
About The Dodo
The Dodo is an NYC-based digital media company built around the universal passion point that is animals. Our goal is to tell the very best, most memorable, most shareable stories about animals, creating uniquely emotional, authentic content around a topic people inherently connect to. The result is massive mainstream appeal and reach, but also deep engagement -- and that’s what makes us the top performing animal brand on digital media.
The Dodo is a Group Nine Media brand in partnership with Discovery Communications, Thrillist, and NowThis.