The Dodo is seeking a highly creative and self-motivated Motion Graphics Editor to join our Snapchat team. To succeed in this role, you’ll need to be comfortable wearing many hats. We’re looking for 1) Someone who will excel at conceptualizing, pitching, writing and creating content that acts as surprising and delightful palate cleansers (illustrated and animated games) unique to our daily channel 2) Someone who can create the tile images, aka, “cover stories” for The Dodo’s Snapchat Discover publisher channel. Having the ability to identify must-click visuals and copy is paramount.
The ideal candidate will have an obsession with digital media, and be nimble and eager to stay two steps ahead of rapidly evolving best practices. A data-driven urgency for reaching a wide audience on Snapchat, attention to detail, great people skills and a positive attitude are all key. We publish entire editions every single day of the year and are looking for someone who loves a fast-paced, collaborative workflow. Flexible thinkers and proactive doers who want to work in a rapidly changing startup environment will thrive on this team.
- Work closely with the editorial lead on creating tile images (the “cover stories” seen on the Snapchat Discover page) for our daily channel; needs to be able to identify and create compelling, must-click visuals using UGC
- Lead the pitch process for illustrated and animated games, along other palate cleansers that appears on The Dodo’s daily channel and handle execution of said content from start to finish (i.e., researching, pitching, writing copy, creating and editing snaps), working independently and efficiently
- Optimize and grow our library of illustrated palate cleansers; consistently engage the team to optimize and iterate on the use of illustrated/animated content throughout the editions
- Own quality for all illustrated/animated content that appears on The Dodo’s daily channel; always aims to grow performance metrics
- Build and maintain a system that ensures illustrated/animated content will always be readily available to meet The Dodo’s day-to-day scheduling needs
- Collaborate with design and editorial leads to reassess and develop new formats that showcase The Dodo’s brand/voice and keep channel feeling fun, fresh, surprising and delightful
- Keep a running list of insights/best practices for illustrations and make decisions pertaining to content based on analytics
- At least 2 years of full-time editing experience at a digital media company preferred
- At least 2 years relevant experience editing on Adobe Premiere and After Effects preferred
- Photoshop and Illustrator skills
- Desire to work for a startup and a love of animals
- Extremely creative, organized and dedicated to joining a best-in-class video team
- Able to work independently and also collaborate on larger projects
- Deep understanding of the Dodo brand and a drive to excel at the kind of storytelling that resonates emotionally with animal lovers and Gen Z
- Snapchat experience/obsession a plus
About Group Nine:
Group Nine Media is one of the world's largest digital-first media companies and the #1 publisher on Facebook Watch, boasting over 5 billion monthly video views [source: Crowd platform specific analytics modules] and reaching 81% of U.S. adults in their 20s [source: Nielsen]. With over 120 million social engagements each month [source: ListenFirst Media], Group Nine's brands are built for consumption on the platforms where young people spend the majority of their time. Group Nine is home to NowThis (the no. 1 most watched social news brand in the world), The Dodo (the no. 1 animal brand on social), Thrillist (the most trusted digital brand in food, drink, travel & entertainment) and Seeker (the digital leader in science and curiosity). Group Nine recently acquired Emmy nominated, Cannes Lion and Sundance Film Festival award-winning production studio, JASH.
Group Nine Media is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to building an inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds and everyone is encouraged to apply. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, national origin, protected veteran status, age, or any other status protected by applicable national, federal, state, or local law.