The Dodo is the leading digital media brand for animal people and the #1 animal brand on Facebook. We’re committed to creating fun, entertaining, emotional animal-related content — everything from cute viral videos to heartwarming rescue stories and meaningful advocacy pieces. Our audience is everyone who loves animals, from people who are obsessed with their pets all the way to people dedicating their lives to making the world a better place for animals. We are looking for passionate, proactive, flexible people who are interested in helping build a brand that not only entertains but makes people around the world feel connected to animals.
We are currently seeking a tech-savvy Digital Media Operations Coordinator (temp to perm given it is a mutual fit), to be a part of the most engaged-with media brand for animals. This is a great opportunity to contribute to and learn more about the digital media publishing process and the social media landscape.
This position will operate between our editorial, social media, and business teams to help maintain publishing workflows across multiple platforms and systems, and support various other company projects. (Note: This is not an editorial role.) The right candidate has the ability to work independently across departments while remaining communicative, and an eagerness to learn new things and wear many different hats. The ideal candidate is an ultra-organized self-starter, excels in a deadline-driven environment, and is highly motivated to problem solve and be a key support beam for our internal operations. This role reports into the Director of Publishing and Sr. Editorial Operations Manager.
Responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Maintain The Dodo’s content management database and various aspects of company’s website on a daily basis
- Assist with growing The Dodo’s newsletter via backend support
- Field incoming correspondence and catalogue submitted content for editorial use
- Oversee curation and delivery of content to a variety of distribution partners
- Help implement upgraded processes as publishing strategies evolve
- Support general project management tasks (reporting, newsletter upkeep, project outreach, updating documents and spreadsheets, and more)
- Work with analytics team to help support data pulls, content tagging, and other categorization of content as needed
- Participate in special projects or new initiatives and perform other duties as assigned
- A passion for The Dodo brand specifically and digital media as a whole
- Impeccable written and verbal communication skills, and versed in email etiquette
- Self-starter who can work autonomously and as part of a team
- An obsession with organization and an extreme attention to detail. Naturally enjoys project management
- A team player, flexible, patient, go-with-the-flow, resilient, “fill the void” attitude
- Must work well under deadlines, ability to over-communicate, both efficiently and in a timely manner
- Proactive, can change direction with ease and a positive attitude, and remain ahead of the curve — ability to see problems before they arise, and offer multiple solutions
Desired / Preferred but not required:
- Familiarity with the backend of a CMS, such as Wordpress or Squarespace
- Experience using AirTable, relational databases, or similar media/project management platforms
- Proficient in Google Docs, Microsoft Office, Adobe Suite, particularly Photoshop and Acrobat
- Some experience writing content descriptions, such as for a news site or newspaper
- Experience with basic SEO frameworks
- Basic HTML skills a plus
- Baseline knowledge of video production process and social media, and/or strong interest in learning more
About Group Nine:
Group Nine Media is one of the world's largest digital-first media companies and the #1 publisher on Facebook Watch, boasting over 5 billion monthly video views [source: Crowd platform specific analytics modules] and reaching 81% of U.S. adults in their 20s [source: Nielsen]. With over 120 million social engagements each month [source: ListenFirst Media], Group Nine's brands are built for consumption on the platforms where young people spend the majority of their time. Group Nine is home to NowThis (the no. 1 most watched social news brand in the world), The Dodo (the no. 1 animal brand on social), Thrillist (the most trusted digital brand in food, drink, travel & entertainment) and Seeker (the digital leader in science and curiosity). Group Nine recently acquired Emmy nominated, Cannes Lion and Sundance Film Festival award-winning production studio, JASH.
Group Nine Media is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to building an inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds and everyone is encouraged to apply. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, national origin, protected veteran status, age, or any other status protected by applicable national, federal, state, or local law.