The Dodo is the leading digital media brand for animal people and the #1 animal brand on Facebook. We’re committed to creating fun, entertaining, emotional animal-related content — everything from cute viral videos to heartwarming rescue stories and meaningful advocacy pieces. Our audience is everyone who loves animals, from people who are obsessed with their pets all the way to people dedicating their lives to making the world a better place for animals. We are looking for passionate, proactive, flexible people who are interested in helping build a brand that not only entertains but makes people around the world feel connected to animals.
The Dodo is seeking a Production Coordinator to join our growing original video team. The Production Coordinator will be expected to provide support for all original video series across Facebook, YouTube and other social platforms. Their primary role will be to obtain permission and clearances for The Dodo’s original videos and help coordinate multiple aspects of production.
For pre-production, this includes close communication with talent, coordination of all rights and clearances, asset acquisition and management, and arranging all travel for crews. The Production Coordinator will be expected to be accessible while productions are ongoing (which may include nights and weekends as situations arise). During post-production, they’ll be the final set of eyes to ensure that the final product is entirely cleared and adheres to all Dodo standards.
The Production Coordinator will be obsessed with social media and assist the team in establishing new partnerships and maintain existing relationships through close coordination with internal teams. They will have a passion for production management, the willingness to assist in whatever is needed, and be a strong problem-solver with a positive spirit. They’ll enjoy collaborating and being part of a team, but can also work independently when needed.
- Maintain detailed records of all outreach, clearances, and status updates in The Dodo’s internal production database
- Liaise with animal/human partners throughout the preproduction process to maintain contact, collect required assets, explain usage terms and get licensing agreements signed. This includes communication over email, social media platforms, and the phone
- Coordinate production logistics, including obtaining signed appearance and location releases, filming permits, etc.
- Maintain relationships with our animal/human partners, providing updates and requesting supplemental follow up footage
- Search social platforms and leverage existing relationships with organizations to assist in identifying potential stories and talent
- 2-3 years of experience in production coordination or other relevant experience, footage licensing experience a plus
- Client relations experience preferred
- Superb organizational skills, and eagerness to juggle multiple projects at various stages in a structured manner
- A team player, flexible, patient, go-with-the-flow, resilient, “fill the void” attitude
- Proactive, self-starter, ability to prioritize
- Extreme attention to detail
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills (persuasive and professional over email)
- Social media savvy with strong social search and researching skills.
- Deep understanding of the Dodo brand, desire to work for a growing company and a love of animals
About Group Nine:
Group Nine Media is one of the world's largest digital-first media companies and the #1 publisher on Facebook Watch, boasting over 5 billion monthly video views [source: Crowd platform specific analytics modules] and reaching 81% of U.S. adults in their 20s [source: Nielsen]. With over 120 million social engagements each month [source: ListenFirst Media], Group Nine's brands are built for consumption on the platforms where young people spend the majority of their time. Group Nine is home to NowThis (the no. 1 most watched social news brand in the world), The Dodo (the no. 1 animal brand on social), Thrillist (the most trusted digital brand in food, drink, travel & entertainment) and Seeker (the digital leader in science and curiosity). Group Nine recently acquired Emmy nominated, Cannes Lion and Sundance Film Festival award-winning production studio, JASH.
We offer great benefits such as medical, dental, vision, matching 401(k), PTO, company paid AD&D, Life Insurance, Short-term & Long-term disability, and much more!
Group Nine Media is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to building an inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds and everyone is encouraged to apply. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, national origin, protected veteran status, age, or any other status protected by applicable national, federal, state, or local law.
Group Nine Media is also a participant in e-verify.