As the #1 most engaged with global media publisher on digital media, The Dodo is committed to investing in all our social platforms, including YouTube -- one of our fastest growing and most exciting distribution channels. As YouTube Manager at The Dodo, you’ll have ownership of both platform strategy and the daily operations of our channel (2.5 million subscribers). This position provides a unique opportunity to plug into robust existing infrastructure -- across production, editorial insights and distribution -- while taking an entrepreneurial approach to running YouTube.
Responsibilities will include:
- All aspects of day-to-day channel management, including scheduling, posting and audience engagement
- Analyzing performance from both a qualitative and quantitative perspective, and presenting YouTube-specific insights and trends with the broader team (through regular reporting as well as deep dive presentations)
- Coming up with and executing on a growth strategy for YouTube, from backend optimization to new initiatives across everything from content partnerships to international expansion to merchandise sales
- Working closely with the editorial and video production teams to strategically optimize content for YouTube
- Helping identify benchmarks for success on YouTube, and taking a goal-oriented approach to hitting these benchmarks
- 2+ years of experience in YouTube channel management and 4+ years of relevant experience
- A track record of delivering strong results, seeing initiatives through from start to end, and self-accountability
- Strong analytical and communication skills, highly detail-oriented
- Flexible, self-motivated and happy to work in a collaborative environment across multiple teams and stakeholders
- A passion for The Dodo brand and all things digital and social
About The Dodo
The Dodo is an NYC-based digital media company built around the universal passion point that is animals. Our goal is to tell the very best, most memorable, most shareable stories about animals, creating uniquely emotional, authentic content around a topic people inherently connect to. The result is massive mainstream appeal and reach, but also deep engagement -- and that’s what makes us the top performing animal brand on digital media.
The Dodo is a Group Nine Media brand in partnership with Discovery Communications, Thrillist, and NowThis.