The Daily Beast delivers award-winning original reporting and sharp opinion from big personalities in the arenas of politics, pop-culture, world news, and more. Fiercely independent and armed with irreverent intelligence, we now reach more than 20 million readers per month. We are based in New York and are an operating business of IAC.
The Daily Beast has a paid membership product, Beast Inside, and we’re looking for an analytical, creative and strategic thinker to assist with our subscription eﬀorts.
The ideal candidate has experience with acquisition and retention marketing for a paid product, including performance analysis, strategy and campaign development, and executing cross-platform tests. This person has a proven track record working with a variety of marketing tactics — including onsite targeting, email, paid, newsletters, etc. — to drive revenue results. A clear understanding of how to eﬀectively move users through a marketing funnel to increase loyalty and drive conversions is a plus.
This role reports to the VP of Membership. As a member of the Beast Inside team, this person will assist the Membership VP in reporting, performance analysis, creating acquisition and retention strategies, and working across teams.
Help grow the Beast Inside membership program, through acquisition of new members and retention of existing subscribers
- Provide daily and ad hoc reporting on membership and campaign performance to relevant stakeholders
- Analyze performance and member cohort data to help develop new marketing strategies
- Assist in test ideation, development and reporting across all platforms (onsite, email, paid)
- Work across various internal teams to push new membership features and tests forward
What You Bring To Us
- 2-4 years of previous growth marketing, retention or data analysis experience
- Comfortable pulling data across multiple platforms and using those ﬁndings to inform strategy and future tests
- Experience running multivariate tests across various platforms (onsite, email, paid) and optimizing based on results
- Experience writing and sending acquisition and retention-focused emails; HTML experience a plus
- Independent worker that can contribute to both quantitative and qualitative tasks
- Ability to collaborate across teams and projects without senior oversight
- Impeccable attention to detail
- A deep interest in or passion for the business of media
- A voracious news diet and appetite for current aﬀairs, pop culture, and internet trends
- Proﬁciency in Google Analytics, Microsoft Excel, Google’s G Suite
- Based in NYC
Why Work Here
The Daily Beast is a globally recognized publication at IAC HQ in pristine Chelsea in New York City. Being part of IAC, we are able to provide you some of the best beneﬁts. We oﬀer discretionary vacation (as in take what you need with approval for all exempt and non-guild employees), commuter subsidy, tuition reimbursement, 401(k) matching, subsidized gym membership, fully stocked kitchens with snacks and drinks, and excuses to celebrate all the time! Work for us and work for something spectacular!
More About Us
Why The Daily Beast? Every month, we reach over 20 million of the most aﬄuent and inﬂuential readers on the web. We have the aesthetic, quality, and editorial chops of a traditional media company with the nimble, tech-savvy required to be a digital only publisher. We are the best in the business at content partnerships, and we prove it through home grown proprietary content tools that allow us to both predict what our partners should write about, but also measure the success of their content. This is a rare opportunity to work for a well-known, well respected digital brand that helps drive the national conversation from politics to fashion, or breaking news to culture.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.