The Daily Beast delivers award-winning original reporting and sharp opinion from big personalities in the arenas of politics, pop-culture, world news, and more. Fiercely independent and armed with irreverent intelligence, we now reach more than 20 million readers per month. We are based in New York and are an operating business of IAC.
The Daily Beast is looking to hire an Sr. Financial Analyst to join the Finance team. This person will report directly to the Head of Finance and will be responsible for supporting all departments under The Daily Beast umbrella. This role offers great growth potential to move into a more senior role within the finance team.
- Work in conjunction with the Head of Finance on operational forecasting, budgeting & analysis, monthly & quarterly close process, and day to day financials for Editorial, Tech and Sales teams. Exposure to the entire P&L, including revenue, cost & EBITDA
- Own revenue estimates, pacing and closing for non-ad sales areas re: Membership and Business Development products
- Manage weekly reporting for operations & detail cost trackers for editorial, product & tech; opportunity to own relationship with budget owners as their main point of contact.
- Partner with cross-functional teams like Ad Sales, Research & Mktg, HR, Legal and IAC corporate.
- Support the Finance team with all accounting functions and various financial projects as required
- Assist in performing Revenue/Expense analysis for monthly closes, Headcount Planning and managing Freelancer payment process for Editorial team
- Contribute to identifying and implementing various policies, procedures, and internal controls
- Prepare monthly P&L reporting to IAC
- Gain in-depth knowledge of all Sales & Finance systems used for reporting (Oracle, Boostr)
Desired Skills & Experience
- S/B.A in accounting, finance, business or other related field
- CPA, or CPA candidate a plus but not required
- 2 to 3 years of strong G/L and month end close experience
- Online media and Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX 404) experience a plus
- Independent, self-motivated team player
- Excellent written, verbal, communication, detailed orientated and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and handle multiple projects simultaneously
- Analytical mindset, curiosity, and initiative; enjoys working in a dynamic growth business
- The candidate must be proficient with Oracle OR other mid-tier ERP systems, Concur, and MS Office (Advanced Excel including Pivot Table, SumIfs, Vlookup, Macro’s, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook)
Why work here
We have some of the greatest benefits such as: discretionary vacation for salaried employees (as in use as much as you want), Medical/Dental/Vision options, Pet Insurance, 401(k) matching, tuition reimbursement, charity gift matching, huge discounts to wireless/gym/travel/much more and our office is an architectural landmark in Chelsea with corporate celebrations and perks happening in-house all the time. Join us and see for yourself!
More about us
Why The Daily Beast? Every month, we reach over 20 million of the most affluent and influential readers on the web. We have the aesthetic, quality, and editorial chops of a traditional media company with the nimble, tech-savvy required to be a digital only publisher. We are the best in the business at content partnerships, and we prove it through home grown proprietary content tools that allow us to both predict what our partners should write about, but also measure the success of their content. This is a rare opportunity to work for a well-known, well respected digital brand that helps drive the national conversation from politics to fashion, or breaking news to culture.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.