About the role:
The Daily Beast delivers award-winning original reporting and sharp opinion from big personalities in the arenas of politics, pop-culture, world news, and more. Fiercely independent and armed with irreverent intelligence, we now reach more than 20 million readers per month. We are based in New York and are an operating business of IAC.
The Daily Beast is seeking a Product Manager to work out of our New York office, with a flexible return to office policy starting later this year. This key position will help guide strategy and product development across a variety of our core products with the opportunity to work on everything from our on-site experience, to our custom built CMS, and ad products. The Product Manager is at the hub of the wheel, and you’ll have the opportunity to lead cross-departmental teams composed of editorial, tech, product, revenue, and business development. The ideal candidate is excited to work on projects that drive engagement, promote new ways of storytelling, and diversify our revenue strategy. This person will have a seat at the table to help make strategic product decisions, informing the roadmap which covers multiple areas of the business.
What you’ll do:
- Establish yourself as subject-matter expert on the products you launch, best practices in the industry, and our competitive set.
- Meet frequently with the company stakeholders to identify business problems and validate project objectives.
- Research, plan, and execute short and long term projects, using the product roadmap to guide your initiatives.
- Partner with the data team to define KPIs that keep decisions data-informed and tied to our strategic objectives.
- Collaborate often with our design team, working together to think through and complete UX flows, wireframes, and design iterations.
- Work closely with engineers to scope and prioritize project work and build out project requirements.
- Understand the impact of the work that you ship out, and use that understanding to identify opportunities to optimize, iterate, and influence future projects.
- At least 2-3 years of product management experience in the digital space. Experience with online publishing or digital subscription products a plus.
- Experience launching an MVP and then tracking product performance and success metrics to make recommendations for future improvements to the product
- Proven success guiding small-to-medium sized projects from the research phase through development, to QA and launch.
- Comfort using data, competitive research and internal feedback to build business cases for upcoming products in the roadmap. Prior experience with Google Analytics a plus.
- A passion for the news and the fast-paced working environment it comes with.
- Comfortable collaborating and working closely with engineers, product designers, and data analysts.
- Able to communicate effectively across departments.
- Organized, with the ability to context switch and manage multiple projects at once.
- Passionate about the media ecosystem, the evolution of storytelling on the web and the revenue model that can support it.
Please include answers to the following question within your cover letter:
- Where do you live online? Are you a New York Times app reader? Redditor? Endless Instagram scroller? Tell us about your favorite places to get informed and/or have fun online.
Why Work Here
The Daily Beast is a globally recognized publication at IAC HQ in pristine Chelsea in New York City. Being part of IAC, we are able to provide you some of the best in benefits. We offer discretionary vacation (as in take what you need with approval for all exempt and non-guild employees), tuition reimbursement, 401(k) matching, subsidized gym membership, stocked kitchens with snacks and drinks, and excuses to celebrate all the time! Work for us and work for something spectacular!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.