The Daily Beast delivers award-winning original reporting and sharp opinion from big personalities in the arenas of politics, pop-culture, world news, and more. Fiercely independent and armed with irreverent intelligence, we now reach more than 20 million readers per month. We are based in New York and are an operating business of IAC.
The Daily Beast has a paid membership product, Beast Inside, and we’re looking for an analytical, creative and strategic thinker to assist with our membership retention efforts.
The ideal candidate has experience with retention marketing for a paid product, including strategy and campaign development, data analysis, loyalty marketing and executing cross-platform tests. This person has a proven track record of retaining existing subscribers, increasing customer value and winning back churned users. A clear understanding of how to effectively move users through a marketing funnel to increase loyalty is essential. Acquisition background is a plus.
This role reports to the Membership Director. As a member of the Beast Inside team, this person will assist the Membership Director in developing retention and winback strategies, running campaigns and testing (onsite & email), analyzing cohort performance and sharing results with the larger team.
- Focus on retention of existing customers, and increasing loyalty throughout the customer lifecycle
- Lead retention test ideation, development, execution and reporting across all platforms (onsite, email, paid)
- Create and test winback and upgrade strategies to increase customer value
- Analyze performance and member cohort data to help develop new marketing strategies
- Work across various internal teams to push new membership features and tests forward
What You Bring to Us
- 3-4 years of previous retention marketing experience for a subscription-based product; acquisition marketing experience a plus
- Experience running multivariate tests across various platforms (onsite, email, paid) and optimizing based on results
- Experience writing and sending acquisition and retention-focused emails; HTML experience a plus
- Independent worker that can contribute to both quantitative and qualitative tasks
- Ability to collaborate across teams and projects without senior oversight
- Strong data and analytics skills
- Impeccable attention to detail
- A deep interest in or passion for the business of media
- A voracious news diet and appetite for current affairs, pop culture, and internet trends
- Proficiency in Google Analytics, Microsoft Excel, Google’s G Suite
- Based in NYC
Why Work Here
The Daily Beast is a globally recognized publication at IAC HQ in pristine Chelsea in New York City. Being part of IAC, we are able to provide you some of the best in benefits. We offer discretionary vacation (as in take what you need with approval for all exempt and non-guild employees), commuter subsidy, tuition reimbursement, 401(k) matching, subsidized gym membership, fully stocked kitchens with snacks and drinks, and excuses to celebrate all the time! Work for us and work for something spectacular!
More About Us
Why The Daily Beast? Every month, we reach over 20 million of the most affluent and influential readers on the web. We have the aesthetic, quality, and editorial chops of a traditional media company with the nimble, tech-savvy required to be a digital only publisher. . This is a rare opportunity to work for a well-known, well respected digital brand that helps drive the national conversation from politics to fashion, or breaking news to culture.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.