The Daily Beast delivers award-winning original reporting and sharp opinion from big personalities in the arenas of politics, pop-culture, world news, and more. Fiercely independent and armed with irreverent intelligence, we now reach more than 20 million readers per month. We are based in New York and are an operating business of IAC.
What we can offer you
The Cheat Sheet Reporter will be an integral member of the breaking news team. You’ll help our senior leadership team cover the most important stories news stories of the moment, from politics to entertainment and world news—all while working alongside and learning from our amazing team of seasoned journalists.
What you get to do
*Write up breaking news on a variety of beats, from politics to pop culture to world news and more.
*Work with our Breaking News and Cheat Sheet teams to shape the site’s voice and coverage.
*Monitor overnight breaking news nationally and around the world to bring the most essential stories to Daily Beast readers.
What you bring to us
* 6 months’ experience at a national news organization
* College degree preferable
* Ability to work late-night shifts is a must (11pm-2am on weeknights)
* A keen insight into what viewers want from the news
* Speed and excellent news judgment
* An obsessive interest in getting the news out quickly and helping readers understand the most important stories of the day, month, and/or year
* A voracious news diet
* A hunger to work in a fast-paced newsroom and to stay abreast of the competition
* Clean copy and good, strong prose
Why work for us?
Plus, we have some of the greatest benefits such as: discretionary vacation for salaried employees (as in use as much as you want), Medical/Dental/Vision options, Pet Insurance, 401(k) matching, tuition reimbursement, charity gift matching, huge discounts to wireless/gym/travel/much more and our office is an architectural landmark in Chelsea with corporate celebrations and perks happening in-house all the time. Join us and see for yourself!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.