We are currently seeking an experienced Associate to join our International Arbitration group. The incumbent will based in our central London offices and will primarily work as part of our Energy team.
Associates at The Brattle Group
Associates work as part of a team on challenging and high-profile projects in a collegial and academically-oriented work environment. Brattle is large enough to be sought after to answer complex economic, regulatory, and financial questions for clients around the world. We are also small enough to provide our Associates with a variety of experiences and individualised development from our experts. Associates are central members of each project team and they apply finance and economic theory and practice to high profile litigation, corporate strategy, regulation, and public policy issues on behalf of our clients.
Associates are responsible for framing research approaches, managing projects, supervising team/staff, and developing client relationships while building individual expertise. As they gain valuable hands-on project experience, Associates also become more involved in marketing and business development efforts. Brattle Associates benefit from continuous formal and informal training and development opportunities. Many of our Associates develop into Principals and testifying experts.
Brattle values the intellectual and personal development of all its employees. You will be provided with a variety of experiences and individualised development from our experts. We are committed to continuous training and development for consultants and we have a strong track record of developing Associates into Principals/Experts.
The ideal candidate will possess:
- Masters degree in economics or finance, with a minimum of 6 years' relevant work experience (for example in consulting, government, or regulatory agency); experience in Energy strongly desired
- Strong analytic and quantitative skills (including proficiency with analytical/statistical software such as R and Excel), along with practical problem solving abilities
- Strong relationship building skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills. Working knowledge of a second European language is highly desirable
- Desire to work in a collaborative team environment
- Demonstrated record of outstanding academic and/or practical accomplishment
- An entrepreneurial drive and intellectual curiosity
To be considered for the Associate positions, please submit the following materials:
- Cover letter (describing your interest in economic and financial consulting)
- A writing sample/research paper
The Brattle Group answers complex economic, finance, and regulatory questions for corporations, law firms, and governments around the world. We are distinguished by the clarity of our insights and the credibility of our experts, which include leading international academics and industry specialists. Brattle has over 400 talented professionals across four continents. For more information, please visit our website.
The Brattle Group is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, citizenship status, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender identity and expression, age, height, weight, domestic partner status, Acquired Immune Deficiency Syndrome or HIV status (AIDS/HIV status), genetic information, sexual orientation, disability (where the applicant or employee is qualified to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation), marital status, veteran status, political affiliation, drug or alcohol abuse or alcoholism, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law.
We encourage all applicants to click here to review our full Equal Employer Opportunity Statement and here for more information on our commitment to promoting equity and inclusion across all identities and experiences.