The Brattle Group, a privately held, global economics consulting firm, is looking for a Senior Application and Database Developer to join our Boston, MA or Toronto, ON office. The ideal candidate is passionate about delivering cutting-edge, world-class solutions to solve business problems through development of high quality code. We are looking for someone with the following skillset, but also eager to learn.
Some of the day-to-day responsibilities of this role include:
- Develop, implement and support critical applications, databases and reports in a MS-SQL environment, using Microsoft SQL tools
- Develop and optimize ETL processes using SQL, SSIS and Microsoft SSDT tools
- Develop reports using T-SQL, Power BI and SSRS
- Design and develop data warehouse
- Administer and support critical MS-SQL databases in order to maintain high levels of availability
- Administration of SharePoint On-Premises and O365 environments
- Solve problems and provide practical solutions to issues
- Be the technical lead on projects
- Work with various departments to gather requirements and translate business needs into solutions
- Support existing 3rd party and custom applications and assist the user community
- Be part of an on-call rotation
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field
- 5+ years of experience working across a diverse technology base
- Proven experience building ETL processes using T-SQL, SQL Server, SSIS and ETL tools
- Proven experience with Power BI and SSRS
- Demonstrated experience with MS SQL database administration
- Knowledge of cloud environments, like Azure SQL, Data Factory and tools to help build a modern platform
- Experience of Microsoft SharePoint Administration in an On-Premises environment is a plus
- Experience with Microsoft Power Platform (PowerApps, Power Automate, etc.) is a plus
- A desire to problem solve, build tools and applications to automate work
- Strong customer service skills with effective time management and strict attention to detail
- Proactive self-starter willing to work both independently and as part of a dynamic team with the ability to handle multiple shifting tasks while staying organized in a fast paced environment
The Brattle Group answers complex economic, finance, and regulatory questions for corporations, law firms, and governments around the world. We are distinguished by the clarity of our insights and the credibility of our experts, which include leading international academics and industry specialists. Brattle has over 400 talented professionals across four continents. For more information, please visit our website.
The Brattle Group is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, citizenship status, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender identity and expression, age, height, weight, domestic partner status, Acquired Immune Deficiency Syndrome or HIV status (AIDS/HIV status), genetic information, sexual orientation, disability (where the applicant or employee is qualified to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation), marital status, veteran status, political affiliation, drug or alcohol abuse or alcoholism, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law.
We encourage all applicants to click here to review our full Equal Employer Opportunity Statement and here for more information on our commitment to promoting equity and inclusion across all identities and experiences.