The Brattle Group is looking for Research Analysts (RAs) to work out of our Boston, Chicago, New York, San Francisco, and Washington, DC offices, starting in July 2023.
Our Research Analysts are involved in diverse, challenging assignments within a stimulating, collegial work environment. As a new RA, you will participate in project teams with senior consulting staff, working alongside internationally recognized experts in financial and regulatory economics, corporate finance, energy, and competition. You will have an opportunity to support our Principals, Academic Advisors, and Outside Experts as they serve as expert witnesses before courts and arbitration panels on behalf of law firms, corporations, and government agencies in the US, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and elsewhere. The RA’s role includes qualitative and quantitative analysis, financial and operational modeling, and research functions – including literature review – on client projects.
Typical assignments might include:
- Analyzing companies and markets
- Building financial, economic, and operational models using a variety of tools
- Creating innovative data based solutions to client needs using a variety of software programs
- Conducting statistical analysis, running regressions, developing valuation models and estimating cost of capital
- Providing in-depth research, summarizing documents, and communicating with project team members at all levels
- Adapting economic theory to apply to real-life questions and problems
- Coauthoring publications or being a part of presentation teams
During your tenure as an RA, you will gain skills in applied economics, finance, and accounting, as well as an understanding of aspects of business law. You will work in a collaborative and fun atmosphere where dedication to project success and individual career and professional development are emphasized. You will have the opportunity to discover where your strengths and interests lie and how you can best apply your skills. At Brattle, your career is an ongoing focus.
By the end of your first year, you will have learned to conduct basic research, build spreadsheets and models, present research findings clearly and concisely, and you will have gained experience and aptitude across industries and coding languages. This is a hybrid role with in-office and remote working expectations.
The ideal candidate will possess:
- An undergraduate degree in a quantitative discipline (e.g. economics, business, math, finance, engineering, computer science), with excellent academic performance.
- Great teamwork and leadership skills. Our project work is done almost exclusively on teams, so it’s critical that our RAs work well with others. A good sense of humor is always welcome!
- Intellectual curiosity and creativity. We are looking for candidates who consistently want to learn more and approach problems with creativity.
- A high degree of ownership and commitment. Successful Research Analysts are committed to delivering their best work product and taking ownership of their work.
- COVID Vaccine Required* for US Positions
*Individuals seeking an exemption from this requirement for medical or religious reasons should submit a request for accommodation by contacting Recruiting@Brattle.com
We offer a generous compensation and benefits package, including medical, dental, 401(k)/profit sharing, paid time off, a subsidy to pursue a hobby outside of work, life and disability insurance, and internal professional development and mentorship/training programs, designed to reward success at all levels. Details regarding compensation will be based on the candidate’s knowledge, skills, and experience.
Please submit the following materials through our application:
- Cover letter
- Transcript(s) (unofficial copies accepted)
To streamline the process, please use your school-issued email address on your application.
The Brattle Group answers complex economic, finance, and regulatory questions for corporations, law firms, and governments around the world. We are distinguished by the clarity of our insights and the credibility of our experts, which include leading international academics and industry specialists. Brattle has over 400 talented professionals across four continents. For more information, please visit our website.
The Brattle Group is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, citizenship status, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender identity and expression, age, height, weight, domestic partner status, Acquired Immune Deficiency Syndrome or HIV status (AIDS/HIV status), genetic information, sexual orientation, disability (where the applicant or employee is qualified to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation), marital status, veteran status, political affiliation, drug or alcohol abuse or alcoholism, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law.
We encourage all applicants to click here to review our full Equal Employer Opportunity Statement and here for more information on our commitment to promoting equity and inclusion across all identities and experiences.