The Bloc is the most diversified, fully independent health creative agency in the world. We provide comprehensive cross-channel services for audiences across the health spectrum, and partner with clients who are doing some of the most meaningful and exciting work in health today. And as part of an international network of like-minded, independent agencies across the globe, our work continues to be globally recognized for creativity and innovation. Come build with us.
We are now looking for a talented Director of Analytics to join our small but growing analytics practice to help drive a data-first culture across The Bloc.
Reporting to the VP, Sr. Director of Planning and Analytics, the candidate will be charged with providing analytics reporting and data-driven strategic insights, trends, and perspective. The person is responsible for monitoring and interpreting customer engagement data at a brand level to identify and capitalize on opportunities and trends.
You will work closely with a cross functional team through all development stages, from identifying opportunities, to analyzing the impact of efforts, and discovering areas for improvement.
- Collaborate with internal and external stakeholders to understand the client's direct marketing goals and objectives and develop insight-driven, measurable strategies and tactics to meet/exceed them.
- Work with a cross-functional team to develop measurement plans, and ensure data quality standards.
- Identify key metrics and develop dashboards/reports to better the understanding of our clients’ customers and their needs and evaluate marketing performance by leveraging trend reports, historical benchmarks, test results, and performance forecasts as examples of inputs and outputs.
- Work closely with our digital delivery and engagement strategy teams to seamlessly integrate data across audience platforms/programs and integrate learnings with member personas for actionable next steps.
- Be a thought leader for innovative use of testing, technology, data and insights to guide marketing strategy, campaign efficiency and effectiveness.
- Help measure and compare the success of marketing metrics across campaigns.
- Document data requirements and think through complex problems to make actionable recommendations.
- Transform raw data into actionable and meaningful analyses, recommendations, and effectively communicate verbally and in slide form. Heavy focus on understanding the 'why' and the 'so what' to support key performance metrics is essential.
- Perform ad-hoc reporting and analyses as needed.
Goals / Deliverables:
- Build segments in audience management platforms for our brand’s marketing teams.
- Develop test plans and identify KPIs/targeted audiences for testing across brand communications.
- Provide post-test analyses with actionable recommendations and next steps.
- Bachelor or Master's degree in Economics, Statistics, Finance, or Mathematics preferred.
- 5-8 years professional experience with use of information to support marketing programs – for analysis, results reporting, campaign management, and insights.
- Experience with test design, KPI development and post campaign analyses.
- Experience working in a company with a subscription based business.
- Must be well experienced with Google Analytics and Tag Manager
- Strong experience with using BI tools to build dynamic/scalable dashboards. Looker experience a plus. (e.g. Omniture, Coremetrics, Tableau, or Google Analytics)
- Strong Knowledge of SQL, your queries are optimized for readability and performance. Google BigQuery a plus.
- Strong conceptual/analytical/creative thinker – ability to push beyond specific requests and identify the business need in advance of execution. A strategist who is naturally curios and who loves to uncover new and different insights from data and turn them into action.
- Advanced abilities with Excel (pivot tables, advanced charting, lookups, etc.)
- Ability to handle multiple tasks, good time management and organizational skills.
- Understand the basic principles for ROI analysis and forecasting including but not limited to DTC TV advertising
- Expertise with statistical concepts related to promotional performance measurement – sample size determination in testing, significance testing, use of predictive models attribution modeling, profiling.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills.