The Bloc is the most diversified, fully independent health creative agency in the world. We provide comprehensive cross-channel services for audiences across the health spectrum, and partner with clients who are doing some of the most meaningful and exciting work in health today. And as part of an international network of like-minded, independent agencies across the globe, our work continues to be globally recognized for creativity and innovation. Come build with us.
The VP, Group Account Director is responsible for developing and maintaining relationships with clients to develop effective communication and tactical plans. Has overall responsibility for Agency output. Ensure coordinated approach to promotional tactics. Recommend new and innovative approaches and directions to accomplish client’s marketing goals and objectives.
- Build business and team
- Run US/Global Oncology assignment
- Maintain complete working knowledge of assigned therapeutic category, product(s), and client marketing team goals
- Supervise and play active role in the planning and execution of product’s promotional activity – effectively plan product POAs, seeking supervisor’s input where appropriate
- Manage complex tactical projects with minimal supervision
- Effectively present the agency’s recommendations, points-of-view to clients
- Ensure that team members know, and follow, established agency account services procedures (account files, approval process, status reports, etc.)
- Maintain understanding of client needs and effectively communicate the needs to creative and other appropriate departments
- Conduct regular meetings with account group personnel to discuss client issues, opportunities, and work in progress
- Supervise and motivate account group personnel to ensure a high level of performance on behalf of clients
- Evaluate creative executions and provide constructive feedback to creative team
- Build and maintain positive client relationships with a focus on achieving client’s marketing goals
- Guide, advise, and assist account team in developing an presenting new business proposals
- Develop and maintain contact with appropriate client personnel to ensure that agency is aware of business opportunities and/or significant changes in the client’s business structure
- Supervise and proactively take part in the development of advertising and promotion materials to ensure that they reflect current product objectives
- Promote the full breadth of agency services to client where appropriate; maintain a thorough understanding of agency resources and capabilities
- Maintain frequent communication with the client to establish and maintain positive working relationships
- Ensure adherence to internal agency policies and procedures
- Manage status, projects and finances as needed
- Bachelor’s degree
- 6 – 8 years HCP experience; global + US experience a plus
- 8+ years advertising agency experience
- Previous experience working on a fast pace account with high volume of multi-channel tactics
- Experience with website launches, message platforms, campaign development, banner ads, convention work and optimization of assets
- Oncology or Hematology experience preferred.
- Strong conceptual and presentation skills
- Collaborative with ability to work within a team
- Successful track record with client service
The Bloc provides equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of their race, color, creed, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law.