Associate Medical Director - Medical Strategy, Clinical and Scientific Affairs
The Bloc is the most diversified, fully independent health creative agency in the world. We provide comprehensive cross-channel services for audiences across the health spectrum, and partner with clients who are doing some of the most meaningful and exciting work in health today. And as part of an international network of like-minded, independent agencies across the globe, our work continues to be globally recognized for creativity and innovation. Come build with us.
The bloc is currently recruiting talented and scientifically driven individuals to join our promotional advertising teams.
In healthcare advertising, the role of the Associate Medical Director is to serve as a scientific steward for the brand by creating and developing high-quality scientific initiatives across multiple therapeutic areas. The Associated Medical Director will be involved in brand planning for assigned accounts, and will guide brand teams by enhancing the team’s clinical knowledge and understanding of the product and therapeutic area, while also identifying medical opportunities that contribute to strategic and tactical development. Individuals with a passion for and understanding of both science and the strategy are highly desirable. Specific duties include conducting medical 101 sessions for staff; supporting the development of clinical/scientific subject matter that aligns with good medical practice, is audience appropriate and meet brand objectives; promoting and maintaining scientific rigor in all agency products; collaborating with internal colleagues (ie, strategic planning, account, creative) to contribute to organic and new business growth by distilling medical and scientific information into strategic and actionable insights for the brand
Our diverse, high-energy culture fosters creativity and collaboration. Joining our agency will provide medical professionals the opportunity to partner with passionate colleagues and clients.
- Doctoral degree (PharmD, PhD or MD)
- 2 to 3 years of experience working for an advertising (desired) or medical education agency.
- Ability to present clinical data in a clear, concise, storytelling manner
- Ability to work independently; self-motivated
- Ability to participate on and interact effectively with a team
- Approaches problems with a “Can-If” attitude
- Basic understanding of marketing principles
- Comfort presenting medical rationale to client
Functions and Responsibilities of the Medical Team (In depth)
- Develop and maintain depth of understanding for assigned products, related medical areas, and competitors
- Transfer relevant knowledge base to colleagues to ensure they can deliver high quality work to the client
- Collaborate with copywriters/planners/engagement strategists to represent the scientific perspective throughout strategic/creative development, and ensure scientific and clinical relevance
- Review content developed by others in the agency for scientific accuracy
- Demonstrate the ability to distill down the medical and scientific information into digestible content that is relevant to brand strategic goals
- Ensure teams are optimizing the use of data to tell a credible, and differentiating story
- Review content for accuracy and alignment with brand strategy
- With supervision by manager
- Uncover ways to differentiate a brand or franchise from a medically viable perspective
- Proactively identify medical opportunities that contribute to strategic and tactical development
- Serve as a key resource for internal teams to validate key strategies and tactics for scientific accuracy and relevance to customers