Title: EVP, Integrated Strategy
Direct Reports: Strategic Planning, Medical, Engagement Strategy leads
The Bloc is the most diversified, fully independent health creative agency in the world. We provide comprehensive cross-channel services for audiences across the health spectrum, and partner with clients who are doing some of the most meaningful and exciting work in health today. And as part of an international network of like-minded, independent agencies across the globe, our work continues to be globally recognized for creativity and innovation. Come build with us.
The EVP, Integrated Strategy Lead will lead the integrated strategic services team for The Bloc, comprised of Strategic Planning, Medical and Engagement Strategy. This is a newly created role with the purpose of uniting and advancing the agency’s strategic value proposition to create significant competitive differentiation. This individual will be responsible for ensuring that the agency’s talent, strategic planning methodology and tools are aligned with the agency’s vision of architecting and building exceptional customer experiences.
The role serves as a strategic leader and visionary, who is highly adept and well versed in the craft of brand-experience building, has in-depth knowledge of the strategic challenges facing our clients, and offers innovative solutions while inspiring and mentoring his or her direct reports to be fully integrated team members and client advisors on their accounts. New business development and the overall development of pitch strategy will be key areas of focus. Developing and delivering analytics solutions is also a key responsibility of this function. Partnership with the Value Builders/Payer team is essential to ensure that those customer and market dynamics inform our overall strategic approach for clients.
This is a hands on role and requires an entrepreneurial leader who is able to scale from broad department and agency leadership to hands on management of team members and tasks related to the client and new business needs. A strong work ethic and passion for growing the discipline and business/revenue is a requirement. A member of the executive committee, it is imperative that this leader builds a strong coalition within the agency and fully collaborate with leadership to drive the agency forward. Developing and managing a department of strong leaders and contributors is an essential focus.
Establishing and growing an industry leading public presence and relationships will be essential.
Key areas of focus include:
- Architecting our experience strategy and developing the methodology and tool kit. Training the core team and extended agency brand teams
- Facilitating client workshops with the goal of developing/advancing strategy
- Driving organic growth via client engagement and identification of opportunities
- Management of talent and development of the team. Includes being responsible for acquiring, developing and retaining top talent. Adherence to performance management standards is expected. This includes talent forecasting and allocations etc. in partnership with BU leads and the finance team
- Leading new business development
- Delivering sounds analytics platforms and solutions
- Identifying strategic partnerships that will enhance and extend the agency’s capabilities and ability to service our clients
- Keeping the company current on trends, competitive moves and best practice analysis through idea sharing and training
- Embodying thought leadership: writing POVs, authoring content and speaking at industry events
- This is a full time position
- Experience across healthcare segments: professional, consumer/patient, payer
- Keen understanding of emerging technology trends and implications for strategy and overall opportunities for the agency’s capabilities and business growth
- Deep experience with cross-channel strategies, including digital, CRM, branding, direct response and database marketing
- Deep experience in developing core branding strategy, integrated marketing campaigns, portfolio strategy
- Strong foundation in healthcare and pharmaceutical marketing