The Bloc is the most diversified, fully independent health creative agency in the world. We provide comprehensive cross-channel services for audiences across the health spectrum, and partner with clients who are doing some of the most meaningful and exciting work in health today. And as part of an international network of like-minded, independent agencies across the globe, our work continues to be globally recognized for creativity and innovation. Come build with us.
The VP, Group Director of Experience Design be responsible for leading fast-paced interdisciplinary teams of developers, designers, technologists, and more to deliver projects ranging from immersive interactive environments to mobile applications. The Director will design solutions centered on the user and the interactive experiences that occur on many scales – from the web or mobile screen to large-scale, complex systems and environments that evolve over time. The Director will demonstrate exceptional vision and technical knowledge, oversee projects from conception to completion, drive agency adoption of user-centered best practices, and ensure successful project outcomes. The VP, Group Director of Experience Design will employ a customer experience approach to deliver creative solutions, focusing on digital content, strategy, and conceptual thinking across a diverse range of clients and categories including type 2 diabetes, oncology, rare disease, opioid use disorder and genomics.
- Lead client meetings and workshops including JAD sessions, creative presentations, market research, et al
- Help drive the full creative process from discovery to deployment; own projects from start to finish
- Lead cross-functional teams to produce beautifully designed solutions that deliver business results
- Play a key role in brand planning process across clients
- Contribute innovative engagement ideas and immersive experiences to new business presentations
- Manage and work independently, under tight deadlines, while juggling multiple projects
- Manage workloads to maximize productivity of the customer experience team, ensuring that everyone is reaching target billability
- Work closely with account and project management to ensure that deadlines and budgets are met
- Identify and Interview prospective candidates
- Collaborate with PM to inform estimates for hours across UX, creative technology, developer and experience design roles.
- Champion appropriate allocations across the business for these roles.
- Responsible for direct supervision and management of UX and creative technology.
- The VP Group Director of Experience Design will report into the EVP, Executive Creative Director
- Become the voice of innovation for your clients
- Push the boundaries of how creative health solutions are executed to enhance customer experience
- Develop strong working relationships with your clients and cross-functional teams
- Work with account management to grow our business at existing clients
- Work with creative leadership to train and develop designers on best practices and emerging platforms ie prototyping solutions like InVision.
- Demonstrate deep understanding of brand and marketing challenges; be responsive to strategic and customer experience needs of clients
- Stay abreast of cutting-edge solutions that can be applied to our clients’ business needs and the needs of the agency
- Engage with vendors and consultants as needed to enhance The Bloc’s capabilities and drive the collective understanding of the latest innovations in the space
- Minimum 8-10 years’ experience in a variety of interactive design formats & methodologies— including websites, software applications, mobile/tablet UI and apps, installations, immersive experiences, and touch/voice/gesture-based interaction—with a professional degree in interaction design or a related field
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience creating results-driven customer experiences in healthcare, for HCPs and consumers
- Demonstrated leadership experience on stunning, interactive, user-centered solutions
- Impressive ability to think technically and collaborate with developers and technologists to determine the benefits, possibilities, and constraints of common coding languages, network resources, and user interfaces; actual coding experience, while not necessary, is a plus
- Exceptional design sense and design strategy with the ability to provide clear, critical design reviews to project teams
- Excellent communication skills and experience as the main point of contact for clients, vendors, consultants, and project teams
- Ability to lead complex, multifaceted projects while exhibiting financial responsibility and adhering to demanding project schedules
- Desire to develop, motivate and mentor teams and junior talent
- Demonstrated success building, nurturing, and sustaining client relationships and ability to initiate new business opportunities.
- Strong presentation, communication, and relationship management skills
The Bloc provides equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of their race, color, creed, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law.