Title: Associate Editor, Parade.com
Employment Type: Full Time
Parade.com is seeking an Associate Editor to join our dynamic, enterprising team. Our ideal candidate is fluent in SEO best practices, with impeccable attention to detail and a drive for pushing our lifestyle and entertainment content to #1. You are on top of what’s trending in pop culture, lifestyle and entertainment, and can spin up engaging posts quickly to ride those trends. You’re goal-oriented and thrive on being part of a team working in a high-volume, fast-paced environment to beat the competition.
This is a remote job; the role will report to Parade’s Executive Editor.
The Arena Group’s expected annualized base salary range for this position is currently $55,000 - $70,000. Actual salaries will vary based on multiple factors including, but not limited to location, education, experience and other factors permitted by law. The listed salary range is but one component of The Arena Group’s total compensation and benefits available to its employees.
- Help maintain/improve Parade’s SEO rankings by updating and optimizing key pages according to best practices that include explanatory content, how-tos, roundups/listicles, best-ofs and product reviews
- Work collaboratively with the global editorial team, creating best practices worldwide for the space
- Edit, update and produce editorial content
- Write quick-turnaround posts around breakout trends
- Administrative support as necessary
- 2 years of experience in digital journalism
- Experience working in a content management system
- Experience with SEO best practices, willingness to learn and expand SEO skills
- Extremely organized and detail-oriented
- Nimble and open to quick changes in strategy
- Bachelor’s degree in journalism or related field
Snapshot of Benefits
- Medical, Dental and Vision Coverage
- Retirement Savings Plan (401K), with company match
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA) & Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Commuter Benefits
- Reimbursement for business cell phone use per company policy
- Employee Stock Option Plan (Publicly Traded Company - AREN)
- Unlimited Paid Time Off
- Paid Parental Leave
- 12 Paid Holidays
The Arena Group creates dynamic, digital destinations that delight consumers with stories and news about the things they love – their favorite sports teams, the inside scoop on personal finance, and the latest on lifestyle essentials. We are building out a robust media ecosystem that brings together consumers, publishers and advertisers with a proven strategy that brings sustainable performance growth in audience, engagement and monetization. We harness the authority of trusted brands and the editorial prowess of our leading writers and editors. Our destinations live on a robust technology platform that helps deliver best in class capabilities in direct sales and programmatic advertising, data, SEO, social, and operations.
The Arena Group is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive environment. We do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment on the basis of age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, status as a protected veteran, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.