Title: Breaking News Writer, Lifestyle
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: Remote USA
The Arena Group is looking for a lifestyle, music, and/or entertainment Breaking News Writer to join our Breaking/Trending News Team. The ideal candidate will have editorial experience, love “all things pop-culture” and have a passion for creating riveting content. If hired, you would be responsible for writing stories in a creative, buzzing, and deadline-driven (virtual/remote) newsroom. This role offers an opportunity to help launch Lifestyle’s editorial coverage to new heights while writing about the things you love.
The Arena Group’s expected annualized base salary range for this position is currently $50,000 - $65,000. Actual salaries will vary based on multiple factors including, but not limited to location, education, experience and other factors permitted by law. The listed salary range is but one component of The Arena Group’s total compensation and benefits available to its employees.
- Identify and produce breaking and trending news content that the masses will find interesting
- Provide context for readers regarding why that content is important or impactful
- Use social media, SEO websites and analytics tools to understand what content is resonating with readers
- Stay on top of all-things entertainment so copy can be produced quickly and accurately
- Maintain a constantly evolving ‘story sense’ to produce newsworthy content
- Bachelor's Degree, ideally in journalism, communications, or English
- 1 to 2 years of experience with social media strategy, content marketing, content distribution/syndication, and community outreach, or an equivalent passion for all things entertainment on Facebook, TikTok, Twitter, and Instagram
- Ability to quickly absorb and understand trending events
- Strong news judgment
- Excellent organizational and communication skills
- Attention to detail and a strong work ethic
- Autonomous time-management skills and prioritization
- Experience with both social and website analytics (using Google Analytics, Google Search Console, SEMrush)
Snapshot of Benefits:
- Medical, Dental and, Vision Coverage
- Retirement Savings Plan (401K), with company match
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Commuter Benefits
- Reimbursement for business cell phone use per company policy
- Employee Stock Option Plan (Publicly Traded Company - AREN)
- Unlimited Paid Time Off
- Paid Parental Leave
- 12 Paid Holidays
The Arena Group creates dynamic, digital destinations that delight consumers with stories and news about the things they love – their favorite sports teams, the inside scoop on personal finance, and the latest on lifestyle essentials. We are building out a robust media ecosystem that brings together consumers, publishers and advertisers with a proven strategy that brings sustainable performance growth in audience, engagement and monetization. We harness the authority of trusted brands and the editorial prowess of our leading writers and editors. Our destinations live on a robust technology platform that helps deliver best in class capabilities in direct sales and programmatic advertising, data, SEO, social, and operations.
The Arena Group is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive environment. We do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment on the basis of age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, status as a protected veteran, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.