Senior Payroll Specialist (Part-Time)
Why This Role Is Important
AI2 is looking to hire a part-time Sr. Payroll Specialist to join our Administrative Operations (AO) team. We will be bringing payroll processing in-house and are seeking someone who is comfortable handling all aspects of the process. This is a key role as we continue to scale our AO team and will require thoughtful communication and consideration with all partners involved.
We have benefited from an affiliate relationship with Vulcan Inc. over the past few years and they have been handling payroll for us during that time. While we are bringing payroll in-house and taking ownership of the process, we’re looking for a team member who is happy to collaborate with Vulcan Payroll as well.
Part-Time (< 20 hours/week), 1-yr. term position and you will report directly into the COO.
What You’ll Be Doing
- Compile, analyze, prepare, and input payroll related information into our ADP payroll system, ensuring accurate and timely processing of new hires, interns, transfers, promotions, terminations, time off, garnishments and benefit related payments (including 401(k) contributions)
- Answer general payroll related questions, leave accruals, wage deductions, fringe benefits, and other applicable issues and maintains current knowledge of IRS and applicable State/Local regulations
- Assist with periodic payroll related activity reconciliations and audits
What You’ll Come With
- 3+ years of experience in a payroll capacity, experience working with "ADP Workforce Now" a plus
- A deep understanding of the importance of confidentiality and non-disclosure according to the general standards set forth by HIPPA
- Excellent written and verbal communication and a strong attention to detail
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and prioritize effectively
- Strong professionalism and communication skills
- Demonstrated honesty, responsibility, integrity and fulfillment of commitments
The Allen Institute for Artificial Intelligence is a non-profit research institute in Seattle founded by Paul Allen and headed by Professor Oren Etzioni. The core mission of AI2 is to contribute to humanity through high-impact research in artificial intelligence.
In addition to AI2’s core mission, we also aim to contribute to humanity through how we treat each member of the AI2 Team. Some highlights are:
We are a learning organization – because everything AI2 does is ground-breaking, we are learning every day. Similarly, through weekly AI2 Academy lectures, a wide variety of world-class AI experts as guest speakers, and our commitment to your personal on-going education, AI2 is place where you will have opportunities to continue learning right alongside us;
We value diversity – we seek people of all genders, ethnicities, ages, and levels of experience. We particularly welcome applications from women, people of color, members of the LGBT communities, and people with disabilities.
We value inclusion - We understand the value that people's individual experiences and perspectives can bring to an organization, and we are building a culture in which all voices are heard, respected and considered.
We emphasize a healthy work/life balance – we believe our team members are happiest and most productive when their work/life balance is optimized. While we value powerful research results which drive our mission forward, we also value dinner with family, weekend time, and vacation time.
We are collaborative and transparent – we consider ourselves a team, all moving with a common purpose. We are quick to cheer our successes, and even quicker to share and jointly problem solve our failures;
We are in Seattle – and our office is on the water! We have mountains, we have lakes, we have four seasons, we bike to work, we have a vibrant theater scene, and we have so much else. We even have kayaks for you to paddle right outside our front door;
We are friendly – chances are you will like every one of the 85+ (and growing!) people who work here. We do!
AI2 is proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at email@example.com or you may call us at 206-548-5600.