Software Engineer at Yoodli
Who we are:
At Yoodli, we’re building AI technology to help people improve their public speaking and communication skills in a judgment free way. We believe that nobody should miss out on opportunities they deserve because of how they communicate. We’re a fast growing startup backed by Madrona Venture Group, the Paul Allen Institute for Artificial Intelligence, and several other leading investors. Our founding team includes alumni from GoogleX, Apple, and Meta. You can use the product live at www.yoodli.ai and read more in this media article.
You care deeply about helping people communicate better. We’re looking for someone skilled and eager to dive in as our audio/video software engineer. An ability to iterate and pivot quickly, experience with audio/video projects (video conferencing, screen sharing etc.) and a can-do attitude are prerequisites. We are looking for an experienced software engineer who is passionate about working on audio and video products, learning new concepts quickly, and working on a challenging and rewarding new market category. We’re open to remote work setups but would slightly prefer if you’re based in the Greater Seattle Area.
Minimum key qualifications:
- 5+ years in software development with C/C++, Java, or Python
- Knowledge in audio capture or render algorithms for consumer devices
- Experience working with live video (hls, rtmp, ffmpeg, webrtc, html5 media elements)
- Experience in digital signal processing
- Understanding of modern browser differences and cross-browser compatibility issues
- Familiarity with infrastructure platforms (GCP a plus)
Nice to have:
- Experience building audio/video applications on top of 3rd party systems such as Chrome, Zoom, other ASRs, etc.
What’s in it for you?
- Huge impact opportunity: Build and scale a company from the ground up
- Drive the tech vision in an extremely rich problem space that could affect millions of people
- Growth and equity opportunities at a venture-backed startup
- Work on a daily basis with the founding team and mentors including the CEO of AI2
- Become a Yoodler! Make friends, learn new skills, and become a better communicator while prioritizing fun! :)
More questions? Reach out at firstname.lastname@example.org
A note about diversity:
We believe incorporating diverse viewpoints early on is key to building an inclusive culture and a transformative product. If you think you might have a diverse perspective to share, we're eager to hear it. We hope you'll apply.
At the AI2 Incubator, we are committed to fostering a diverse, inclusive environment and to encourage these values in our wider entrepreneurship community. We provide an environment of mutual respect where equal entrepreneurial support opportunities are available to all founders without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy (including childbirth, lactation and related medical conditions), national origin, age, physical and mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information (including characteristics and testing), military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law. We believe that diversity and inclusion among our founders is critical to the success of our incubator and our spinouts, and we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool. Invitation to our incubator program is decided purely on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.
The AI2 Incubator is an initiative of the Allen Institute for A.I.-a world-leading research institute with over 175+ A.I. PhDs, researchers, engineers, and support staff. Our Incubator helps entrepreneurs come up with ideas, find co-founders, engage pilot customers, refine their product, work with research paper authors to incorporate the latest A.I. techniques into their technology, and raise millions of dollars in venture funding.
Our incubator is also backed by some of the best investors and executives in the world including Madrona Venture Group, Sequoia, Kleiner Perkins, and Two Sigma Ventures-along with Jeff Dean (Google Senior Fellow), Jeff Wilke (CEO Amazon Worldwide Consumer), Adam Selipsky (CEO Tableau Software), Sujal Patel (Founder of Isilon), Carol Reiley (co-founder of Drive.ai), Laura Butler (Microsoft Technical Fellow), Leigh McMillan (CEO of Whitepages), Charlie Bell (SVP of Amazon Web Services), Chris Re (Stanford Professor & Founder of Lattice), and more.
Ready to get started?
Please complete the form below with your contact information and we'll hope to talk with you soon.