Unwrap.ai - Front End Software Engineer
Who We Are
Unwrap.ai is on a mission to make every company more customer centric. We’re helping companies collect and process feedback more effectively from sources like Zendesk, App Store reviews, Reddit, and Twitter. We also build tools to help users feel heard by making it easier for them to submit feedback and follow relevant product improvements.
Our founders, two ex-Amazon Alexa Product Managers, were tired of manually sifting through customer reviews, support tickets, and bugs while working on Alexa. They understood the importance of listening to customers and prioritizing their requests effectively, but simply had too much feedback to parse through. So, Unwrap.ai was born to solve this problem. Specifically, at Unwrap we use Natural Language Processing to automatically cluster, tag, and analyze customer feedback to help product and engineering teams build what customers want. The ultimate goal is to make companies more customer centric and focus on the product improvements that matter most. We’re currently a team of 5, have a number of name-brand paying customers, and just recently raised a $3M seed round. We are backed by leading investors including the Allen Institute for Artificial Intelligence, Cercano Management, and Kevin O’Connor's ScOp VC (former founder and CEO of DoubleClick).
We are seeking a front end engineer who will focus on shipping user-facing tooling for our web app. You’ll own and deliver major customer-facing components end-to-end. This includes understanding customer needs, helping compile sprint requirements, and shipping features. The successful candidate will be involved in all parts of the company, but will focus primarily on designing and building our user-facing tools.
Our tech stack is React on Typescript for our front end, and a combination of GraphQL and Python for backend. Experience in these technologies is a plus.
What You Get
- Ground floor impact at a seed-stage startup with tremendous latitude over technical strategy and approach
- Significant, potentially life-changing equity
- Ability to rapidly advance your career alongside company growth
- Collaborate with experienced teammates, entrepreneurs, and advisors
- Competitive pay, benefits, and stock options commensurate with a seed-stage venture-backed company
- You’re an incredible engineer with skills in design and front end web development, and have demonstrable experience developing, prototyping, and shipping real-world products.
- You are a very hard worker, and have strong bias for action
- You are genuinely excited about the prospect of making companies more customer-centric
- You are excited about the potential of Natural Language Processing in today’s society
- You bring an independent and entrepreneurial attitude, and are excited about working in a fast-paced, uncertain, and big-vision environment. Evidence of previous entrepreneurial or independent project work is a major plus
- You love writing code, but also are able to contribute to other company activities like product roadmap creation and customer discovery
- You are authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship
At the AI2 Incubator, we are committed to fostering a diverse, inclusive environment and to encourage these values in our wider entrepreneurship community. We provide an environment of mutual respect where equal entrepreneurial support opportunities are available to all founders without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy (including childbirth, lactation and related medical conditions), national origin, age, physical and mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information (including characteristics and testing), military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law. We believe that diversity and inclusion among our founders is critical to the success of our incubator and our spin-outs, and we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool. Invitation to our incubator program is decided purely on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.
Ready to Get Started?