Yoodli - Lead Product Designer
Who we are:
At Yoodli, we’re building AI powered technology to help you practice and improve your communication skills without the pressure of an audience. We’re a fast growing startup backed by the Paul Allen Institute for Artiﬁcial Intelligence and Madrona Venture Group. Our founding team includes alumni from GoogleX, Apple, and Meta. You can view more details at www.yoodli.ai.
Are you passionate about human-centered design and experienced in designing simple and intuitive cross-platform interfaces? Do you pick up on subtle but powerful marriages between form and function in design?
We’re looking for an ambitious and eager Lead Product Designer to join us at Yoodli. Here at Yoodli, you’ll enjoy space to iterate, pivot quickly, and have signiﬁcant input and impact in your day-to-day work. We are a deeply collaborative team that also values members driving initiatives to completion.
- Work with the team to provide strategic thinking around user-research and UI & UX
- Deﬁne problems & goals, map user ﬂows, prototype interactions, and design new features/products
- Support and shape the evolution of the Yoodli product from a design perspective; ensure consistency with, and contribute to, our brand and product architecture
- Advocate for key design principles and build a design philosophy for the team
- Work closely with engineers to ensure designs have proper specs and production documentation necessary to build them
- 2-5 years of product design experience in a fast-paced, ideally startup environment
- Experience designing production-quality UI/UX, including information architecture, user ﬂows, wireframes, and visual design
- Fluency in industry-standard design tools such as Figma/Sketch and the Adobe Suite
- A portfolio consisting of reﬁned product design case studies and branding projects
What’s in it for you?
- Huge impact opportunity: Build and scale a company from the ground up
- Drive the design vision in an extremely rich problem space that could affect millions of people
- The opportunity to build and grow a team
- Growth and equity opportunities at a venture backed startup
- Become a Yoodler! Make friends, learn new skills, and become a better communicator while prioritizing fun! :)
More questions? Reach out at email@example.com.
A note about diversity:
We believe incorporating diverse viewpoints early on is key to building an inclusive culture and a transformative product. If you think you might have a diverse perspective to share, we're eager to hear it. We hope you'll apply.
At the AI2 Incubator, we are committed to fostering a diverse, inclusive environment and to encourage these values in our wider entrepreneurship community. We provide an environment of mutual respect where equal entrepreneurial support opportunities are available to all founders without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy (including childbirth, lactation and related medical conditions), national origin, age, physical and mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information (including characteristics and testing), military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law. We believe that diversity and inclusion among our founders is critical to the success of our incubator and our spinouts, and we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool. Invitation to our incubator program is decided purely on the basis of qualiﬁcations, merit, and business need.
The AI2 Incubator is an initiative of the Allen Institute for A.I.-a world-leading research institute with over 175+ A.I. PhDs, researchers, engineers, and support staff. Our Incubator helps entrepreneurs come up with ideas, ﬁnd co-founders, engage pilot customers, reﬁne their product, work with research paper authors to incorporate the latest A.I. techniques into their technology, and raise millions of dollars in venture funding.
Our incubator is also backed by some of the best investors and executives in the world including Madrona Venture Group, Sequoia, Kleiner Perkins, and Two Sigma Ventures-along with Jeff Dean (Google Senior Fellow), Jeff Wilke (CEO Amazon Worldwide Consumer), Adam Selipsky (CEO Tableau Software), Sujal Patel (Founder of Isilon), Carol Reiley (co-founder of Drive.ai), Laura Butler (Microsoft Technical Fellow), Leigh McMillan (CEO of Whitepages), Charlie Bell (SVP of Amazon Web Services), Chris Re (Stanford Professor & Founder of Lattice), and more.