Each year people are diagnosed with cancer, autoimmune diseases, chronic conditions, and more. The immune system is the ultimate determinant of health and disease; however, the immune system remains a black box. Leveraging our AI-first technology, we want to provide high-resolution understandings of the immune system to fully unlock its power. And with your help, we can do it.
From technology built and proven at Fred Hutch, Ozette is creating a revolutionary immune profiling platform to turn high-dimensional data into actionable insights. Our software is integral to our mission and enhancing insights by 10x in volume and resolution—scientists, clinicians and our teams—will accelerate breakthroughs to drive better patient outcomes.
Ozette's collaborative platform enables unprecedented transparency and reproducibility through its version controlled analysis pipeline. It is built on Typescript and React/RecoilJS and our backend APIs are written in Python/Flask, primarily, with most data stored in PostgreSQL and S3.
Our founders are leading experts in data science, computational biology, and medicine and we are backed by some of the best technology investors, including Madrona Venture Group (first investors in Amazon), Microsoft co-founder Paul Allen’s Institute for Artificial Intelligence, and Vulcan Capital. If you’re passionate about leveraging technology to improve health, explore joining our innovative, creative team. Recognizing that the best candidates do not always match all criteria of the job description, we encourage you to apply if you think you would be a good fit for the role and are inspired by our mission.
This is a full time role that can be held remotely in the United States or from Seattle, WA
What you'll do at Ozette:
- Tackle complex technical problems like real time state replication between client and server, or how to best index protein discovery with 2^60 possible combinations
- Tackle complex human centered problems, like Enterprise-class role-based access control and multi-user collaboration paradigms
- Help define, build, document and maintain client-server RESTful end-points
- Wear your product hat to help the team build innovative new features that operate at scale
- Communicate and document architectural designs and requirements
- Help grow the Ozette team
We'd love to hear from you if you have:
- 2+ years experience in managing public HTTP APIs
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- An inclusive and entrepreneurial mindset: be a creative thinker, get things done, take failure in stride, derive signal from ambiguity, and be a champion for the team
- An interest in learning biological sciences and digging into new challenges
Why you will love working here:
Ozette is dedicated to building a world-class science and technology team known for its products and services, high standards, employee development and retention. At the heart of great companies are great teams. We strive to give you everything you need to thrive at work and beyond. We offer full benefits, hybrid office schedule with many employees opting for full-time remote, honor all 11 federal holidays + an additional extra day off for every holiday, plan company wide respites during Thanksgiving, Xmas and New Years, and offer a 'take what you need' vacation policy.
As an early stage employee you will get the chance to set standards and mental models that set foundations for the future, be they product, culture, or operations related. Exercise your skills across a wide gamut of responsibilities and evolve your role as the company evolves. You will work on some of the most exciting initiatives that bridge AI/ML with hard science, packaged with a brilliant user experience.
Our work and teams thrive most when we are diverse and inclusive, so we take equal opportunity seriously. We commit to fostering a respectful, diverse, and inclusive environment where all team members can contribute and develop to their fullest potential. We welcome individuals of all backgrounds, orientations, and identities to join our community.