Software Engineer Seattle, WA
Who We Are
We are a small, but mighty team with a mission to optimize tedious audio workflows in healthcare and improve the patient experience. At Birch.ai, we’re applying cutting-edge, proprietary NLP techniques to build transformative healthcare solutions, starting with healthcare-related call center automation.
Our founding team is made up of experts in the AI, healthcare and startup software industries and have led efforts at companies like FAIR, SparkCognition, BCG, and McKinsey. As a spin-out of the Allen Institute for AI incubator, we truly value and understand the magnitude of applied AI to solve real-world problems. Our co-founder and CTO, Yinhan Liu is a pioneer in the NLP research space and has been the lead author of multiple publications, including the groundbreaking paper, RoBERTa.
In this role, you will
- Help define and communicate technical and design requirements
- Develop and deploy Machine Learning models which run at scale with high performance and resource optimizations.
- Build highly scalable, functional and sustainable web applications
- Collaborate with Front-end developers
- Provide training, help and support to other team members
- Stay current on new technologies and best practices
You may be a good fit, if you have
- Python, hands on experience with one of the frameworks like Django, Flask, Falcon, FastAPI.
- 2+ years of full-time experience
- Familiarity with cloud technologies - AWS/AZURE/GCP
- Familiar with concepts and popular tools for dev ops, containerization, CICD.
- Have working knowledge of ML/deep learning models
- Familiarity with front end frameworks is a plus – React, Angular
- Experience building and operating distributed systems on the cloud is a plus
Benefits and Perks
- Competitive cash compensation and equity
- Visa Support, if needed
- Flexible working environment
- Health benefits
- Unlimited paid vacation
- The opportunity to build something from the ground up, define a new product and lead a team
How to Apply
Please send an updated CV and any links to examples of your work (e.g. github, website or demo) to: firstname.lastname@example.org .Please title the subject of the email: Name - Software Engineer Applicant.