Cloud Engineer / Sr. Cloud Engineer / Cloud Architect
Modulus Therapeutics is inventing a new platform for the discovery of next-generation cell therapies to unleash the potential of the immune system against solid tumors.
Modulus was founded in 2020 out of the Allen Institute for Artificial Intelligence to re-engineer the discovery process for immune cell therapies. We are rapidly advancing our platform that combines high-throughput screening with machine learning to converge on optimal cell designs that enhance antitumor behavior. We train machine learning models on multi-omics data generated from high throughput experiments to create a repeatable, data-driven cell discovery process. Our team has deep technical expertise spanning genetic engineering, high throughput screening, immunology, data science, machine learning, bioinformatics, and bioengineering.
Our Investors and Advisors
We are a seed-stage company backed by leading venture funds including Madrona Venture Group, KdT Ventures, and the Allen Institute for Artificial Intelligence Incubator. We have established scientific collaborators and advisor relationships with experts at leading academic institutions.
We are seeking a Cloud Engineer, Sr. Cloud Engineer, or Cloud Architect to join our team. We are excited to welcome aboard an independent contributor or player/coach that can grow into a leadership role in a fast-paced startup environment.
The successful candidate will:
- Architect and implement cloud infrastructure for machine learning models including standardized containers, machine images, feature stores, data storage and databases.
- Architect and implement feature extraction pipelines including auto-scaling resources, task execution, orchestration and monitoring.
- Automate the collection of data and metadata from laboratory instruments and information management systems including experimental conditions, instrument settings, and quality control metrics.
What You Get
- Ground floor impact at a seed-stage startup with tremendous latitude over machine learning approaches.
- Ability to grow with and advance your career alongside company growth.
- Contribute to a compelling mission with the potential for life-altering consequences.
- Collaborate with experienced teammates, entrepreneurs, and advisors at our collaborating academic institutions and investors.
- Work in a culture that prizes personal wellness, autonomy, learning, asynchronous communication, bias for action, and believes it doesn't have to be crazy at work.
- Competitive pay, benefits, and stock options commensurate with a seed-stage venture-backed company.
- You are authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship.
- You are experienced with architecting and implementing cloud infrastructure, especially in AWS, as demonstrated by past work experience and professional certifications.
- You have strong programming skills in Python, especially data wrangling and automation with demonstrable experience developing, prototyping, and deploying scalable pipelines.
- You have experience with state-of-the-art virtualization technologies and have used these to deploy scalable applications and machine learning models
- You have experience with auto-scaling resources, automation, task execution, orchestration, and serverless architectures
- You champion best practices of software development including version control, infrastructure as code, automated build & deploy pipelines, etc.
- You bring an independent and entrepreneurial attitude, and are excited about working in a fast-paced, uncertain, and big-vision environment. Evidence of previous entrepreneurial or independent project work is a major plus.
- You have ideally worked in the pharmaceutical or life sciences domain and have experience with next-generation sequencing or LIMS systems
At Modulus, we are committed to fostering a diverse, inclusive environment. We provide an environment of mutual respect where equal opportunities are available to all employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy (including childbirth, lactation and related medical conditions), national origin, age, physical and mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information (including characteristics and testing), military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law. We believe that diversity and inclusion among our team members is critical to our mission, and we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool. Hiring is decided purely on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.