Who You Are:
The Allen Institute for AI (AI2) is seeking a Recruiter to join our People Operations team.
You are an enthusiastic relationship builder who is excited to make a difference at a high-impact, non-profit organization. Recruiting sits at the heart of our company and is a differentiating factor against our competitors. We are looking for an experienced Recruiter who is eager to identify strong, diverse talent for a variety of different roles - Engineers, Post-Doctoral Researchers, Product talent, and more. This position will serve as a resource and partner for both hiring managers and candidates to effectively identify matches for AI2’s current and future openings.
If this sounds like an opportunity you just can’t pass up, we encourage you to apply.
Who We Are:
The Allen Institute for Artificial Intelligence is a non-profit research institute in Seattle founded by Paul Allen and headed by Professor Oren Etzioni. The core mission of AI2 is to contribute to humanity through high-impact research in artificial intelligence.
In addition to AI2’s core mission, we also aim to contribute to humanity through our treatment of each member of the AI2 Team. Some highlights are:
- We are a learning organization – because everything AI2 does is ground-breaking, we are learning every day. Similarly, through weekly AI2 Academy lectures, a wide variety of world-class AI experts as guest speakers, and our commitment to your personal on-going education, AI2 is a place where you will have opportunities to continue learning alongside your coworkers.
- We value diversity - We seek to hire, support, and promote people from all genders, ethnicities, and all levels of experience regardless of age. We particularly encourage applications from women, non-binary individuals, people of color, members of the LGBTQA+ community, and people with disabilities of any kind.
- We value inclusion - We understand the value that people's individual experiences and perspectives can bring to an organization, and we are building a culture in which all voices are heard, respected and considered.
- We emphasize a healthy work/life balance – we believe our team members are happiest and most productive when their work/life balance is optimized. While we value powerful research results which drive our mission forward, we also value dinner with family, weekend time, and vacation time. We offer generous paid vacation and sick leave as well as family leave.
- We are collaborative and transparent – we consider ourselves a team, all moving with a common purpose. We are quick to cheer our successes, and even quicker to share and jointly solve our challenges.
- We are in Seattle – and our office is on the water! We have mountains, we have lakes, we have four seasons, we bike to work, we have a vibrant theater scene, and we have so much else. We even have kayaks for you to paddle right outside our front door.
- We are friendly– chances are you will like every one of the 200+ (and growing) people who work here. We do.
Your Next Challenge:
- Partner with the business to design, build, execute, and measure a strategic recruiting plan to attract the world’s best research, engineering and product talent.
- Managing the full cycle hiring process from sourcing to offers for multiple requisitions simultaneously.
- Use data to solve problems in all areas of recruiting and define success, translate metrics into usable insights for hiring managers and leadership.
- Develop and engage a high-quality, diverse pipeline of candidates for immediate and future openings by leveraging a variety of sourcing strategies, including social media, internet sourcing, and networking.
- Improve processes and efficiencies and champion innovative talent acquisition ideas with regards to top of funnel activity and high fidelity throughput.
- Ensure an impressive candidate experience through top-tier communication and timely feedback, as well as interviewer preparedness and effective interview formatting.
- Assist hiring managers and interview teams with the creation and execution of equitable interview plans for every role.
- Foster an environment of knowledge sharing, collaboration, and continued process improvement.
- Actively mentor recruiting coordinator and other junior team members.
What You’ll Need:
- Bachelor’s Degree Human Resources, Communications, Business or similar preferred
- 7+ years of successful full-cycle recruiting within a startup, nonprofit, or fast-paced technology/software organization
- Familiarity and comfort with a data driven environment, ability to use metrics to guide decision making and strategy setting
- Experience recruiting a diverse candidate pipeline
- Proven success delivering innovative sourcing and recruiting methods
- Ability to collaborate effectively- We are a highly collaborative organization
- Deliver results with agility- We prioritize work that drives long-term value
- Extensive experience with Greenhouse
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Non- profit recruiting experience is a plus
AI2 is proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or you may call us at 206-548-5600.