Head of Machine Learning for Stealth Therapeutic Discovery Startup
Are you driven to apply your machine learning skills to help cancer patients live longer, healthier lives?
Our Stealth Therapeutics Discovery Startup is inventing a new platform for the discovery of next-generation cell therapies to unleash the potential of the immune system against solid tumors.
Founded at the Allen Institute for AI (AI2) Incubator, our founding team has deep technical expertise spanning genetic engineering, data science, product development, bioinformatics, and bioengineering. We have made rapid progress developing enabling technologies for our platform that combines high-throughput screening with machine learning to converge on optimal cell designs that enhance antitumor behavior. We train our models on single-cell, multi-omics data generated from experiments run at scale to create a repeatable, machine-led cell discovery process.
Our Investors and Advisors
We are a seed-stage company backed by leading funds including the AI2 seed fund. We have established scientific collaborators and advisor relationships with experts in academia.
We are seeking an experienced Machine Learning practitioner or Data Scientist to found our ML team. We are excited to welcome aboard an independent and self-motivated player/coach that can grow into a leadership role in a fast-paced startup environment.
The successful candidate will collaborate on the development of machine learning models central to the success of our therapeutic discovery platform including:
- Quantifying and modeling the results of high-throughput screening experiments.
- Inferring gene regulatory networks from single-cell data.
- Building interpretable models that aid in the understanding of biological mechanisms around observed behaviors.
- Making out-of-distribution predictions of high-performing cell designs.
What You Get
- Ground floor impact at a seed-stage startup with tremendous latitude over machine learning strategy and approach.
- Ability to grow with and advance your career alongside company growth.
- Contribute to a compelling mission with the potential for life-altering consequences.
- Remote-first company with a generous home office budget included.
- Collaborate with experienced teammates, entrepreneurs, and advisors at the Allen Institute for AI and with our collaborating academic institutions.
- Work in a culture that prizes personal wellness, autonomy, learning, asynchronous communication, bias for action, and believes it doesn’t have to be crazy at work.
- Competitive pay, benefits, and stock options commensurate with a seed-stage venture-backed company.
- You are authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship.
- You have significant expertise with machine learning and data science, with particular experience applying these to the biological domain, especially human cancers.
- You have strong programming skills in R or Python with demonstrable experience developing, prototyping, deploying algorithmic solutions to machine learning problems. Experience deploying, monitoring and maintaining production models is a major plus.
- You bring an independent and entrepreneurial attitude, and are excited about working in a fast-paced, uncertain, and big-vision environment. Evidence of previous entrepreneurial or independent project work is a major plus.
- Experience applying both supervised and unsupervised learning approaches to gene expression data is a plus. Familiarity with single-cell analysis tools such as Scanpy or Seurat is a plus.
- The ideal candidate has experience developing state-of-the-art algorithms for the analysis of single-cell multi-omics technologies (e.g. scRNA-Seq).
At the AI2 Incubator, we are committed to fostering a diverse, inclusive environment and to encourage these values in our wider entrepreneurship community. We provide an environment of mutual respect where equal entrepreneurial support opportunities are available to all founders without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy (including childbirth, lactation and related medical conditions), national origin, age, physical and mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information (including characteristics and testing), military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law. We believe that diversity and inclusion among our founders is critical to the success of our incubator and our spin-outs, and we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool. Invitation to our incubator program is decided purely on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.
READY TO GET STARTED?
Please complete the form below with your contact information and we’ll hope to talk with you soon!