Senior Office Manager
Who You Are:
The Allen Institute for AI (AI2) is seeking an experienced Senior Office Manager to join our Operations team. Our ideal candidate is a passionate people manager, a master of all things office administration, coordination & organization, and is a high-level, strategic thinker. We are looking for extraordinary problem solving skills, an adept multi-tasker and of course someone with a service-oriented mindset. A positive, collaborative attitude is a must.
If this sounds like an opportunity you just can’t pass up, we encourage you to apply.
Who We Are:
The Allen Institute for Artificial Intelligence is a non-profit research institute in Seattle founded by Paul Allen and headed by Professor Oren Etzioni. The core mission of AI2 is to contribute to humanity through high-impact research in artificial intelligence.
In addition to AI2’s core mission, we also aim to contribute to humanity through our treatment of each member of the AI2 Team. Some highlights are:
- We are a learning organization – because everything AI2 does is ground-breaking, we are learning every day. Similarly, through weekly AI2 Academy lectures, a wide variety of world-class AI experts as guest speakers, and our commitment to your personal on-going education, AI2 is a place where you will have opportunities to continue learning alongside your coworkers.
- We value diversity - We seek to hire, support, and promote people from all genders, ethnicities, and all levels of experience regardless of age. We particularly encourage applications from women, non-binary individuals, people of color, members of the LGBTQA+ community, and people with disabilities of any kind.
- We value inclusion - We understand the value that people's individual experiences and perspectives can bring to an organization, and we are building a culture in which all voices are heard, respected and considered.
- We emphasize a healthy work/life balance – we believe our team members are happiest and most productive when their work/life balance is optimized. While we value powerful research results which drive our mission forward, we also value dinner with family, weekend time, and vacation time. We offer generous paid vacation and sick leave as well as family leave.
- We are collaborative and transparent – we consider ourselves a team, all moving with a common purpose. We are quick to cheer our successes, and even quicker to share and jointly solve our challenges.
- We are in Seattle – and our office is on the water! We have mountains, we have lakes, we have four seasons, we bike to work, we have a vibrant theater scene, and we have so much else. We even have kayaks for you to paddle right outside our front door.
- We are friendly– chances are you will like every one of the 100+ (and growing) people who work here. We do.
Your Next Challenge:
The AI2 Office Team is focused on supporting the alignment of high-level research priorities with effective day-to-day operations. We create and nurture spaces that engage and empower people to be their best.
As Senior Office Manager, you will develop and deliver solutions to day to day challenges. You'll be a well-rounded and experienced team leader who can add value to a variety of operational challenges. You will work in a fast-paced and rapidly changing environment, tolerate ambiguity and demonstrate problem-solving leadership. You will:
- Oversee our three office locations and manage existing vendor relationships and associated contracts and budgets related to:
- Food & Beverage & Catering (Daily On-site & Special Events)
- Seating, Capacity & Furnishings
- Structure a stellar office service experience for all team members and visitors; we support both an in-office and remote workforce
- Work cross-functionally and partner with project teams as well as ops teams (Legal, HR and Finance, Incubator, IT, add Communications/Media)
- Serve as lead for managing and scheduling team wide email communications, while working with internal teams for content, design and strategy
- Oversee and manage employee amenities & perks program
- Cultivate phenomenal team member experiences (onboarding swag, care packages, team events) with creative and unique “lean in” solutions
- Foster a diverse, inclusive, and rich team environment that balances business needs with individual career growth
- Lead the Office Team and foster and support professional development and growth opportunities
What You’ll Need:
- 5-7 years experience in Office/Facilities Management role
- 5+ years of people management experience /managing teams of administrative employees
- Demonstrated experience managing complex and detailed budgets
- Ability to thrive in an ambiguous and ever-evolving environment
- Ability to multitask, work in a fast-paced environment and have a high-level attention to detail
- Self-starter, highly proactive, and collaborative
- Positive, enthusiastic and service-oriented attitude
- Results oriented with the ability to be flexible and work well under pressure
- Excellent interpersonal skills with strong written and verbal communication abilities.
- Advanced experience with the Google Suite
- Extensive experience in facilities management & workflow software
- Project Management Certification
AI2 is proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or you may call us at 206-548-5600.