Senior Software Development Engineer
Seattle or Remote Optional (Pacific Northwest Preferred).
US work authorization without sponsorship required.
Our mission is to help our customers win more, work less and be happier. We do this via a next-generation approach to knowledge management that uses search, practical breakthroughs in Natural Language Processing, and awesome UX.
Panda was born at the Allen Institute for AI (AI2) Incubator when our founders met over lunch. Yue, having run text analytics at Qualtrics, was excited about the power of NLP to understand unstructured information. Having recently built and sold an enterprise SaaS company, Aaron was frustrated about information in disparate systems. A few meals later, the vision became clear - organize disparate data to create team enlightenment.
Our Investors and Advisors
We are a seed-stage company backed by leading funds, including the AI2 seed fund and PSL ventures. Founders of legendary companies like DocuSign and Smartsheet are also investors in Panda. Our AI advisors are renowned for their industry leadership and breakthroughs.
- You will lead and work on features from concept to release and work closely with product management and other engineers.
- You will independently propose and implement feature designs while collaboratively iterating with other engineers.
- You will use modern technologies like Python, React, and AWS.
- You will strike a balance between immediate, real-world product impact and good maintainability.
- You will exercise proactive and transparent communication using verbal and written skills.
- You will work on an array of features such as integrations, back-end capabilities, testing, system architecture, security, integrating ML/NLP enabled capabilities and others.
What You Get
- Working at a seed-stage company means having an enormous impact. You will have a say in big decisions on features, design, dev practices, and beyond.
- Rapid ability to grow as the company grows and advance your career.
- Learn from other experienced senior engineers and product leaders, mentor more junior engineers.
- Work at the cutting edge of enterprise SaaS and NLP applications.
- Work in an ambitious culture that prizes high integrity, openness, results over ego, and customer focus.
- Competitive pay and stock options commensurate with VC-backed seed-stage company.
- Generous time off, 100% employee insurance coverage for medical, dental, vision, a home office budget, training, 401k, parental leave, time off to vote, and more.
- Flexible ability to work from home or in the office (Seattle area). Panda is an “office optional” company with plans for regular all-company retreats safety-permitting.
- You are authorized to work in the United States for PANDA without sponsorship.
- At least five years of professional software development experience.
- You are honest, resourceful, enjoy challenges, and work hard.
- Background in algorithms and data structures.
- Strong level of curiosity and interest to learn.
- Proficiency in Python, experience with cloud technologies like AWS.
- Passionate about working in a startup environment.
- You do not need experience in ML or NLP although interest in ML and information management is a plus.
- Bonus: Experience with Elasticsearch, React, or TypeScript.
- Bonus: Experience with SaaS security standards.
Panda is committed to proactive diversity and a work culture where everyone feels they belong. We are committed to equal employment opportunities regardless of color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status.