WellSaid Labs is looking to hire a full-stack engineer to help develop our web product.
We have developed a breakthrough AI algorithm that creates synthetic, realistic speech from text. You will help develop the creative studio powered by this algorithm, enabling creatives to make lifelike voice over for videos, audiobooks, and trainings. You’ll be responsible for owning the development of large features and components of our stack.
Who we are:
Our startup spun-out from Paul Allen's Institute for AI (AI2) in 2018, where we developed a state of the art deep learning model that can read text in a completely human-like voice.
We firmly believe in AI for good. Creatives around the globe use Studio to create trainings for COVID-19 frontline workers, to design unique YouTube experiences, and to narrate indie audiobooks. We enable creatives by putting high-tech, human parity technology into their hands, giving them the ability to add voice over to any project and iterate with ease. We foresee our product further satisfying voice over needs in all eLearning sectors as well as movie production, advertising, video games, assistive devices, and in call center spaces.
We have secured millions of dollars in funding from top-tier VCs, and are looking to hire our founding 8-10 person team.
Your perks and benefits:
- Competitive salaries and stock options
- Comprehensive health care plan
- Vacation policy/paid time off
- Healthy snacks
- Standing desks
- Flexible schedules
- Remote work opportunities
- Parental leave
- Learning & development stipend
What you'll do:
- Work with our product development team to create user-facing features
- Foster a culture that values an empathic, collaborative, open, and productive development environment
- Engage in thoughtful discussions on improving the WellSaid user experience
- Collaborate on product specifications and to make architectural decisions
- Help interview and recruit more talented engineers to WellSaid Labs!
What we value:
- Experience with web technologies like React, GraphQL, Node.js, PostgreSQL, and Typescript
- Understanding of software design principles such as DRY, SoC, Dependency Injection, etc.
- Modular, secure, and well-tested code
- (Bonus) Experience with cloud technologies like AWS, Google Cloud, etc.
- (Bonus) Experience working at a fast-growing startup 🚀
What to expect from us:
- If the skills and values listed in this posting sound like you, Michael Petrochuk will reach out for an initial phone screen. After the phone screen, you'll be invited to a technical Karat interview. We use Karat to evaluate software engineering fundamentals and to make the hiring process equitable.
- WellSaid Labs is honored to be an equal opportunity workplace. We realize that by creating teams rich in diverse thoughts and experiences, our people, company, and customers are free to thrive. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, national origin, religion, creed, genetic information, sex (including pregnancy, sexual orientation or gender identity), age, marital status, disability, military or veteran status; or any other protected classifications or characteristics under applicable local laws. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know. Credit to PrometheanWorld