Remote eligible: Persons in these roles are welcome to work remotely from any state in the US.
AI2’s Perceptual Reasoning and Interaction Research team (PRIOR) is looking for PhD, Masters and Undergraduate interns to join our team. PRIOR seeks to advance computer vision to create AI systems that see, explore, learn, and reason about the world. Learn more about PRIOR here.
As a research intern in the PRIOR team, you will have the opportunity to work in a variety of research areas including:
- Embodied AI - Enable agents that safely navigate, manipulate objects, and follow instructions in simulation and in the real world (w/ real robots)
- Language & Vision - Make vision and language systems more general, efficient, and capable
- AI for Common Good - Apply AI to help address global challenges such as climate change, illegal fishing, and wildlife poaching
- Open Source Projects - Make substantial contributions to the tools needed for robust, reproducible, and distributed experimentation (including AllenAct framework for Embodied AI)
At AI2, you will be working with world-class AI researchers and talented software engineers. We perform team-based, ambitious research, with a mandate to strive for big breakthroughs, not just incremental progress, in an exciting and interactive workplace. There are no restrictions on publications based on internships. Pay is competitive, and visa sponsorship is available.
The PRIOR team greatly values diversity and aspires to create an inclusive environment. To see more about our current, future, and past interns, check out our internship page on our website!
Please apply by November 8th, 2021 for Summer 2022.
All applications made by November 8th, 2021 will be given full consideration, any applications received after this date will be considered on a rolling basis.
Our initial round of interviews will be scheduled in early December with decisions made by the end of the year.
AI2 Intern of the Year Opportunity:
AI2 offers an Intern of the Year Award that will recognize a research intern who has performed outstanding research that will lead to a high-quality paper aligned with one of AI2's projects. This winning intern will receive:
- $10,000 cash prize (applicable to tax)
- Invitation to return to AI2 for another internship
- External announcement of their award
In addition to AI2’s core mission, we also aim to contribute to humanity through our treatment of each member of the AI2 Team. Some highlights are:
- We are a learning organization — because everything AI2 does is ground-breaking, we are learning every day. Similarly, through weekly AI2 Academy lectures, a wide variety of world-class AI experts as guest speakers, and our commitment to your personal on-going education, AI2 is a place where you will have opportunities to continue learning alongside your coworkers.
- We value diversity — We seek to hire, support, and promote people from all genders, ethnicities, and all levels of experience regardless of age. We particularly encourage applications from women, non-binary individuals, people of color, members of the LGBTQA+ community, and people with disabilities of any kind.
- We value inclusion — We understand the value that people's individual experiences and perspectives can bring to an organization, and we are building a culture in which all voices are heard, respected and considered.
- We emphasize a healthy work/life balance — we believe our team members are happiest and most productive when their work/life balance is optimized. While we value powerful research results which drive our mission forward, we also value dinner with family, weekend time, and vacation time. We offer generous paid vacation and sick leave as well as family leave.
- We are collaborative and transparent — we consider ourselves a team, all moving with a common purpose. We are quick to cheer our successes, and even quicker to share and jointly problem solve our failures.
- We are in Seattle — and our office is on the water! We have mountains, we have lakes, we have four seasons, we bike to work, we have a vibrant theater scene, and we have so much else. We even have kayaks for you to paddle right outside our front door. We welcome interest from applicants from outside of the United States.
- We are friendly — chances are you will like every one of the 100+ (and growing) people who work here. We do.
AI2 is proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.