Be an Entrepreneurial Investigator with the AI2 Incubator
Duration: 1-6 semesters
Start date: Flexible
Time commitment: part time during academic year, full time during summer
Join a startup—while still in school!
We help computer science undergrads, masters, and PhD students to create new companies (part time!) while currently enrolled in school. Structured as a paid internship—program participants pair with experienced startup CEOs and CTOs to turn cutting-edge AI technologies into exciting new products.
- Partner with experienced founders from our community and build the future, together — Our experienced CEOs and CTOs are ready to pair with you now. Collectively, these entrepreneurs have raised over $100mm in VC funding and know how to build big, meaningful, AI-first startups.
- Our startups are collectively valued at $267,500,000. You can be part of this, too — Since 2014, we’ve built five publicly announced AI-first startups (with several more in stealth mode), and two have already been acquired. This facility is a rocket factory and you can help us build them.
- Our incubator is backed by some of the best investors in the world — Leading VC firms Sequoia, Madrona, Kleiner Perkins and Two Sigma are investors in our incubator. Our CEOs and CTOs receive funding from these institutions via our fund, and as part of this community, you will learn from the best.
- Potentially become a co-founder of your own startup!
- Mentorship in entrepreneurship, product management, and AI
- No grant writing, teaching, or administrative responsibilities
- $100K in free AWS credits based on a startup proposal
In addition to AI2’s core mission, we also aim to contribute to humanity through our treatment of each member of the AI2 Team. Some highlights are:
- We are a learning organization — because everything AI2 does is ground-breaking, we are learning every day. Similarly, through weekly AI2 Academy lectures, a wide variety of world-class AI experts as guest speakers, and our commitment to your personal on-going education, AI2 is place where you will have opportunities to continue learning alongside your coworkers.
- We value diversity — We seek to hire, support, and promote people from all genders, ethnicities, and all levels of experience regardless of age. We particularly encourage applications from women, non-binary individuals, people of color, members of the LGBTQA+ community, and people with disabilities of any kind.
- We value inclusion — We understand the value that people's individual experiences and perspectives can bring to an organization, and we are building a culture in which all voices are heard, respected and considered.
- We emphasize a healthy work/life balance — we believe our team members are happiest and most productive when their work/life balance is optimized. While we value powerful research results which drive our mission forward, we also value dinner with family, weekend time, and vacation time. We offer generous paid vacation and sick leave as well as family leave.
- We are collaborative and transparent — we consider ourselves a team, all moving with a common purpose. We are quick to cheer our successes, and even quicker to share and jointly problem solve our failures.
- We are in Seattle — and our office is on the water! We have mountains, we have lakes, we have four seasons, we bike to work, we have a vibrant theater scene, and we have so much else. We even have kayaks for you to paddle right outside our front door. We welcome interest from applicants from outside of the United States.
- We are friendly — chances are you will like every one of the 100+ (and growing) people who work here. We do.
AI2 is proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.