A.I. is changing everything and we’re building the next wave of disruptive A.I. first startups. Join us!
The AI2 Incubator is an initiative of the Allen Institute for A.I.—a world-leading research institute with over 175+ A.I. PhDs, researchers, engineers, and support staff. Our Incubator helps entrepreneurs come up with ideas, find co-founders, engage pilot customers, refine their product, work with research paper authors to incorporate the latest A.I. techniques into their technology, and raise millions of dollars in venture funding.
Our incubator is also backed by some of the best investors and executives in the world including Madrona Venture Group, Sequoia, Kleiner Perkins, and Two Sigma Ventures—along with Jeff Dean (Google Senior Fellow), Jeff Wilke (CEO Amazon Worldwide Consumer), Adam Selipsky (CEO Tableau Software), Sujal Patel (Founder of Isilon), Carol Reiley (co-founder of Drive.ai), Laura Butler (Microsoft Technical Fellow), Leigh McMillan (CEO of Whitepages), Charlie Bell (SVP of Amazon Web Services), Chris Ré (Stanford Professor & Founder of Lattice), and more.
This isn’t a “job” — it’s a mission. If you’re ready to be a cofounder in a startup that makes a dent in the universe, then we want to talk to you. Specifically, we seek business operations founders/entrepreneurs to join our program who are then paired with other world-class cofounders such as CTOs (technical experts), CSOs (A.I. scientific experts), and more. New teams form after a brief period of founder dating and then work together to ideate, test, validate, build, and scale the next great A.I company.
HOW OUR PROGRAM WORKS:
From the whiteboard to a multimillion dollar venture funding round, we support our teams in a variety of ways:
- Cash stipends: $10,000/month stipend (in the form of an investment) to help with personal expenses.
- Help Finding Co-Founders: We help you find your future cofounders by matching you with people from our highly vetted community that have complementary skills.
- Recruiting: You will likely hire several of your first employees through our talent network.
- A.I. Support: Coaching on integrating latest A.I. into product and mentorship from research paper authors.
- Design: Support creating your v1 UX/UI product experience and brand.
- Network: Unique access to customer discovery contacts and support with finding pilot customers.
- Community: Private 8,000 sqft coworking space, where you are surrounded by fellow founders and mentors.
- Business: Support with developing business models, sales plans, marketing plans, and go-to-market plans.
- Legal: Coaching on incorporation and patents along with discounted access to leading law firms.
- Infrastructure: Significant amount of free cloud credits and investment of hardware as needed.
- Rocket Fuel: Beyond stipends, we can invest an additional $500,000 into the companies we work with to give them a boost before raising Seed funding.
- Venture Intros: Support with raising Seed and/or Series-A funding via warm intros to VCs in our network.
In this role, you will have the opportunity to:
- Get involved with a startup at its earliest stages
- Generate key insights and novel solutions that solve key problems facing humanity in big or expanding markets.
- Identify, clarify and validate the value proposition for a proposed solution with key features and ROI analysis
- The EIR-CEO will be in charge of launching the product, owning the go-to-market strategy, closing early sales, and ensuring that the company is hitting its milestones towards its next funding
- Recruiting key members of the operational team to ensure success
- Securing and negotiating strategic partnerships
- Owning and ensuring customer satisfaction with early, key customers so that they are referenceable
To be successful in this role, we believe you’ll need:
- Strong experience in developing SaaS products and companies, ideally from the ground up and leading them to scale or acquisition.
- Although it is not required, we are interested in candidates that can scale to be the CEO with a strong leadership and management aptitude.
- The ability to think strategically, be tremendously adaptable with foresight to think about problems ahead of time.
- Experience with doing customer outreach, understanding market needs, and driving towards product market fit.
- Experience fundraising as well as managing a Board or Directors and/or key corporate stakeholders
- Ideally previous startup or other small team experience.
- A proven background in recruiting and building great teams
- Unquestionable integrity
- Technical background, preferably with experience working in artificial intelligence.
Historically, 72% of people that formally join our incubator become a co-founder in a startup that raises funding. These numerous teams include XNOR.ai, WellSaidLabs.com, Lexion.ai, PandaAI, WhyLabs, and more—who have collectively raised $37M in funding and are valued at $278M. Read more about some of our track record here:
At the AI2 Incubator, we are committed to fostering a diverse, inclusive environment and to encourage these values in our wider entrepreneurship community. We provide an environment of mutual respect where equal entrepreneurial support opportunities are available to all founders without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy (including childbirth, lactation and related medical conditions), national origin, age, physical and mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information (including characteristics and testing), military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law. We believe that diversity and inclusion among our founders is critical to the success of our incubator and our spin-outs, and we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool. Invitation to our incubator program is decided purely on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.
READY TO GET STARTED?
Please complete the form below with your contact information and we’ll hope to talk with you soon!