About the AI2 Incubator
The AI2 Incubator helps launch AI-first startups. We are an initiative of the Allen Institute for AI—a world-leading A.I. research institute with over 150+ A.I. PhDs, researchers, engineers, and support staff.
Each year, we invite talented engineers, researchers, and entrepreneurs to join our incubator on a rolling basis. We help them come up with ideas, find co-founders, engage pilot customers, define their product, incorporate the latest A.I. techniques into their technology, and raise millions of dollars in venture funding.
We also invest up to $800,000 into the companies we work with. This investment capital comes from some of the best investors in the world, including four industry-leading VCs—Madrona Venture Group, Sequoia, Kleiner Perkins, and Two Sigma Ventures.
More than anything else, this is an extraordinary community, all working together to help each other succeed. And as your cofounder, we are with you every step of the way. Join us—and let’s build a new (AI-first) startup, around you.
Learn more at incubator.allenai.org
- Generate insights that solve problems in big and/or expanding markets.
- Conceive of novel solutions and validate them with representative customers.
- Clarify and validate value proposition and key features.
- Devise and validate go-to-market strategy.
- Close early sales.
- Cultivate a winning culture.
- Attract, retain, and develop world-class talent.
- Ideally, 5+ years starting companies and leading them to scale or purchase.
- Ideally, proven track record raising and negotiating venture funding.
- If no direct startup experience, at least 7+ years of building successful products from the ground up.
- Experience managing a Board of Directors and/or corporate stakeholders.
- Ability to lay out a clear and compelling vision and successfully execute against a vision.
- Ability to be tremendously adaptable and devise a path forward in situations with limited clarity.
- Unquestionable integrity with a bias towards action.
- Ability to make decisions and manage people based on evidence and data, not opinions.