That’s No Moon Entertainment is an independent AAA game development studio established in 2021 by veterans of some of the most recognizable and critically acclaimed creative teams in the world, including Naughty Dog, Infinity Ward, Santa Monica Studio, Bungie, PlayStation, and more. Based in Los Angeles and San Diego, That’s No Moon Entertainment is creating the next generation of narrative-driven, genre-defining experiences built upon a culture of creativity, collaboration, responsible production practices, and individual empowerment. We are assembling a diverse team of passionate developers of a wide range of experience levels and backgrounds to help shape the future of our studio and projects.
We are seeking a highly skilled Lighting Artist with an eye for color, light, composition and contrast who will craft beautiful real-time rendered lighting scenarios for in-game and cinematic AAA content. Your work is an essential to define the look and feel of our games, creating beautiful and compelling spaces with rich tone and contrast. You will join a team of passionate, driven creatives striving to set the visual bar for lighting and push the industry to new heights of realism, gameplay, and storytelling!
- Produce high quality real-time and cinematic lighting for exterior and interior scenes using the Unreal 5 Engine.
- Collaborate with Designers, Environment Artists and Material Artists to support both artistic and gameplay requirements in their levels.
- Help establish workflows and proactively contribute to documentation.
- Setup and tune post processing effects, including color grading, exposure, tone mapping, bloom, etc.
- Work with Leads and Production to estimate and plan lighting tasks for upcoming milestones.
Requirements & Skills:
- Experience in real-time lighting and rendering.
- Understanding of lighting performance, tuning and memory budgets.
- Basic knowledge of physical photography and how aperture, shutter speed, and focal length work together.
- (Bonus) Experience with display calibration and HDR color grading.
- (Bonus) Experience with Unreal Blueprints and Sequencer.
- (Bonus) Film lighting, film surfacing and/or game material experience.
- Self-motivated and able to work well in a multi-discipline team environment
- Strong artistic eye with the ability to interpret concept and reference
That's No Moon is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, ancestry, color, citizenship, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, pregnancy, age, national origin, disability status, legally protected physical or mental disability, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.