What is Thanx?
Thanx helps merchants build deeper, data-driven relationships with their best customers. We capture valuable transaction and lifetime value data about customers and enable merchants to act on that information with simple ROI-focused marketing campaigns. As a Software-as-a-Service offering, Thanx requires no point-of-sale integration or additional hardware, instead pulling data directly from proprietary partnerships with the major credit card companies — the result is a seamless merchant experience and equally joyful consumer experience which eliminates the hassles of plastic cards, phone numbers, punch cards and other traditional loyalty program staples which just slow things down.
Who are we?
We are a rapidly growing team backed by some of the best venture capitalists in the country like Sequoia Capital from whom we raised our recent $17.1 million Series B. We’re a young company and we expect every early employee to be a massive contributor, create things that have never existed before, have fun, and be a friend to their co-workers. We literally say "Thanx" to each other in team meetings every week, as corny as it may be.
Who are you?
You love building products that change the world around you and finding the most elegant solution in code. You enjoy using cutting-edge technology to build beautiful, intuitive, well-written, and maintainable user experiences. You proactively identify patterns in everything you touch and enjoy building components to reuse these patterns. Even though you have a passion for front-end development, you take pride in owning and implementing end-to-end features.
- Inform the direction of our front-end architecture
- Building and iterating upon end-to-end features with a focus on user experience
- Working with a small tight-knit team of full-stack engineers
- Working closely with the product, design, and marketing teams
- 4+ years of relevant work experience
- B.S. in Computer Science / Engineering is a plus
- Experience working at a startup or similar environments
- Proven ability to build, launch and iterate under pressure
- Strong programming fundamentals and a proven ability to build maintainable user experiences
- Working proficiency and communication skills in verbal and written English
- Experience with modern web frameworks (React, AngularJS, Ember.js, etc.)
- Experience with Ruby on Rails is a plus