What is Thanx?
Thanx helps merchants build deeper, data-driven relationships with their best customers. We capture valuable transaction and lifetime value data about customers and enable merchants to act on that information with simple ROI-focused marketing campaigns. As a Software-as-a-Service offering, Thanx requires no point-of-sale integration or additional hardware, instead pulling data directly from proprietary partnerships with the major credit card companies — the result is a seamless merchant experience and equally joyful consumer experience which eliminates the hassles of plastic cards, phone numbers, punch cards and other traditional loyalty program staples which just slow things down.
Who are we?
We are a rapidly growing team backed by some of the best venture capitalists in the country like Sequoia Capital from whom we raised our recent $17.1 million Series B. We’re a young company and we expect every early employee to be a massive contributor, create things that have never existed before, have fun, and be a friend to their co-workers. We literally say "Thanx" to each other in team meetings every week, as corny as it may be.
Who are you:
We are looking for founding members of our Sales Development team who will work closely with our Head of Sales and CEO to identify high-potential merchants for Thanx. You will use our established lead sourcing tools along with your sheer creativity, determination and persistence to find the next great Thanx merchants and get them excited about our product. You will then collaborate with our Account Executives to "win" the deal. As a new function here at Thanx, your role will be defined by you in many ways – you will help us shape the future of this function in the company and receive extensive training and support to ensure your success.
- Hard-work and determination: Our product is innovative, unique, and highly-valued by every potential customer we talk to. But we are just starting to grow and get the word out. That’s your job. You will be expected to source high-potential leads, convert in-bound opportunities and connect with customers large and small over the phone and via email.
- Work collaboratively with Account Executives and directly with the CEO and Head of Sales to build your process and pipeline – learn from weekly training sessions but also bring your own creative ideas to help evolve the role of Sales Development at Thanx.
- There is meaningful opportunity to grow in this role. Strong performance on the job could earn "closing" opportunities within the Thanx sales organization or other roles at Thanx. The options are limitless for a strong performer.
- 3 months to 3 years experience in sales development, sales, marketing or related field. Proficient in Salesforce.com a big plus.
- An understanding of startup-level hard work and willingness to break through walls.
- You have worked in a team or competitive environment, had formal sales training, and/or learned informally from a great mentor (we will ask her/him). Startup sales is even more intense than at a normal job — but way more rewarding as you are creating a market. That should be exciting to you, not intimidating.
- You are very comfortable with technology. The product is not overly complex but we have found it is very helpful to be able to explain how it works when asked – and we use a lot of tech for demos throughout the sales process.
- Experience selling mobile or marketing solutions in the local space (e.g. Yelp, Groupon) a big plus.